No announcement yet.

The Duggar's expecting baby#18!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their oldest is 20 yrs old ....I can only find this and it says 14 yrs ago and after reading all the Q+A's I wasnt able to change my mind, to each his own I quess oh the source url is at the bottom, really interesting to read all the answers .

Jim Bob, you are in the process of building a 7,000 square foot home for your family and are committed to building it debt free. Why the commitment to debt-free living?

14 years ago Michelle and I went through Jim Sammons’, “Financial Freedom Seminar” on video (available from IBLP Publications @ 1-630-323-9800). It was life changing! He teaches practical Bible principles of finances that have made us thousands & saved us thousands of dollars. He teaches how to get the best buy, learning to live within your income & purposing to get out of debt, to name a few. Our whole family loves to watch these tapes! We took Romans 13:8 literal which says, “Owe no man anything but to love one another.” We purposed to get out of debt & stay out of debt. We have witnessed, God is faithful & has always met our needs! We have paid cash for some small real estate investments & God has multiplied our income to take care of our growing family. He also enabled Jim Bob to have the freedom to run for & serve in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1999 to 2002 & to run for the U.S. Senate in 2002. We are currently building a 7000 square foot all steel home, as the Lord provides. It is our family project & we hope to be in by the end of this year. Jim Bob & the two oldest sons have built it from the ground up with the help of a friend who is teaching them about construction as they go.

* I recommend the Financal Freedom Seminar! It works really well!

SOURCE:

http://www.freewebs.com/duggarfan/funfactsandfaq.htm

Comment

Michelle Duggar reminds me of a " Stepford Wife".

Comment

oh, and by the way the "family Project" of this house includes all their children helping build it. Can you say child labor laws! Also, what I saw was that these kids rarely have anytime just to be a kid. Always taking care of siblings, house, etc.

dragun/wendy

Comment

And they have no contact with any other children. Only children of other families who believe in the same religion that the Duggar's do. I wonder if the 20 year old Son is dating ??

Comment

Oh give me a break! How awesome to be part of a project of building your home with your brothers and sisters. Didn't anyone build a treehouse or clubhouse with Dad when you were little? Or were you too scared that the 'child labor patrol' would come looking for your parents? Geez!

I watched the TV special a year or so ago and have read various articles on the family. They've managed their money wisely and are striving to live as debt-free as possible. How many of us can say that? What business is it of OURS how many children they have?

Comment

angelbutterfly

can't even imagine..what about the possible medical problems the children face..or braces..college..glasses..all the expenses that are involved with having children..she must be an amazing strong gal to give birth to all those babies..i only had two..and that was enough for me..

Comment

I hate that smarmy, goodie-goodie look she gets on her face. She seems to me to look like the women they just found in that Pologymist Compound. She makes me want to barf.

Comment

They make it our business by exploiting the children to make money. I am sure those kids have major social issues.

Building a tree house with dad and having to build the home you are going to live in is a little different. I might be crazy, but I don't think the two even come close.

Kids need to be kids..they don't need to be building homes and taking care of babies. There will be plenty of that in their futures
                  DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

I'm sure I am in the minority here............But, I have been following them for years, and the children all seem very well adjusted and cared for. Much more than you can say about a lot of children from much smaller families..

They live DEBT FREE, they take Family Vacations, they are extremely organized, educated and seem very happy. They have stated that they will have as many children as God sees fit. When God is ready for them to stop, then they will know.

I just don't see how this is a bad thing. I am thinking as long as they are self supporting, and not on Welfare, etc.. Then where is the problem? They certainly are able to provide much more than many parents are able to, and they have a very strong faith..
                    Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

They go on family vacations.....yeah, to a conference for their church.

They make it my business, when you see small children doing major construction. They make it my business, when these children are raised only to serve the "family". They make it my business because this world is severely over-populated and if they wanted to do some good for this world and have a big family, WHY NOT ADOPT!! If they are such great parents and can give everything that 18 children need.....help a child who has been abused, abandoned, or just left alone.

I am absolutely think this family is a cult, and an ego boost for the dad. Look what my sperm can do.

my opinion, agree/disagree, just my opinion

dragun/wendy

Comment

I agree dragun
                        DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

Originally posted by alidoremi
                          While I personally would never have that many kids (my gosh, that poor woman's body!), I have no problem with their choices and lifestyle. The parents are raising kids that seem to really care about each other and help each other. You will most likely see 18 very productive members of society. I know many 'traditional' families that don't come close to the accomplishments of the Duggars. This family is not on welfare or any other gov't handout. Who are we to say how many kids they should have?
                          Couldn't have said it better.

Comment

Originally posted by dragun6
                            They make it my business because this world is severely over-populated and if they wanted to do some good for this world and have a big family, WHY NOT ADOPT!! If they are such great parents and can give everything that 18 children need.....help a child who has been abused, abandoned, or just left alone.

Then why don't we ALL adopt children, instead of having our own? That argument makes no sense. What are we, the Gestappo? Telling families they can only have a certain number of children? What's the right number? Who gets to decide?

Comment

A thought provoking subject & everyone is entitled to their opinion.

There is a local family that also had 18 children whom are all grown now. Not on welfare & self supporting & they were all single births!! That poor womans uterus has to be falling out!

Anyway, I've seen some of the Dugger shows too & they do seem to be happy. One of the HGTV shows helped them decorate & furnish the new house. They shop for the kids clothes at a thrift store.

But I don't see how any of the kids get Mom & Dad time by themselves. Each older child is assigned a younger one to take care of & thats kinda sad. You shouldn't have to raise a sibling when you are a child yourself. And God gives us choices.....such as how many children to have. If God is giving them all these children, why doesn't he give them to infertile couples? I don't buy into that reasoning myself. JMHO

Comment

Helping Dad build a tree house is one thing, helping Dad build a 7000 sq foot house is quite another thing.
                                Going on family vacation.......OK, most of us don't have a TV camera crew in tow when we go on vacation and have the vacation paid for by the Discovery channel. And how nice that HGTV furnished their house.
                                God is not giving them these children, they are having all these kids because they choose not to use birth control. Give me a break. And I agree Michele Duggar looks just like those women they just pulled out of that compound. She even sounds like them. But to each his own.

Comment

Working...
                                X