No announcement yet.

The Duggar's expecting baby#18!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering the Mom's age, what happens when they start producing children with disabilities like Down Syndrome? Will that finally be the sign from their God, that it is time to stop?
    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger
      Considering the Mom's age, what happens when they start producing children with disabilities like Down Syndrome? Will that finally be the sign from their God, that it is time to stop?
      Somehow I doubt it. they probably would consider themselves chosen from God to rear a child with problems. So far they have been lucky not to have a child with disabilities.

Comment

My opinion is everyone is entitled to as many kids as they want/wish, as long as they can provide for them. The Duggars seem to be doing that, even before the show started, but so much better now. I don't think the kids should be helping build a 7000 ft house, a club house/tree house is completely different, let the 20 yr old help, the 10 yr old needs to be signing his/her name in the cement. I myself think the kids they're having now is for more publisity/money, look at the big house they're building that they couldn't before, and I don't know this, but I wonder if companies are donating appliances/wires/furnishings etc, just to get advertisement also.

She's making herself old before her time. Her bones have got to be getting thin/brittle from all the pregnancies, certain parts of her anatomy can't be as elastic as they once were.

More power to them, they can provide for their own without welfare/government help. But there has to be an end somewhere.

Comment

Just so you know, I am planning on adopting and fostering children when my 2 are grown. I also currently volunteer with kids to help them and this world. So I am not just "SPOUTING RHETORIC", alidoremi.

I truly think they are hurting their current litter of children by having more.

And they are hurting the planet. And I really do think we need to control our pregnancies in this day and age.

dragun/wendy

Comment

I found this on the internet, very interesting. They pay no property tax, because they declared their home a church!! You go Jim Bob

http://www.arktimes.com/blogs/arkansasblog...uggar_plan.aspx

Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar aren't charged property taxes on their home and the 20-acres it sits on! They made their home a church. Churches are tax exempt. A quick name search at http://www.ar-tax.org in Washington County, Arkansas, shows a 20-acre Duggar owned property with a tax bill of $0.00.

So many people seem to be enamored of the Duggar's supposedly self-sufficient lifestyle. They've turned their home into a church to avoid paying property taxes. They've probably also found loopholes to avoid paying income taxes or making payments to Social Security and will teach their offspring to do likewise. There goes the argument that all these kids are going to help support the system when they become adults. The Duggar's seem to be living off of church charity and fees for posing for photographs and doing interviews after their latest baby is born. They don't have a vegetable patch or fruit orchard or livestock. They produce nothing except more mouths to feed and have whooping monthly food bills. Their food appears to be mostly the cheapest available, which means commercially canned food full of sodium, sugar and corn syrup and sickeningly sweet junk like ice cream bars and chocolate syrup. All in all, I would have to say their lifestyle is hardly a healthy one--either for J.B.'s conscious or their physical health.

Comment

I wish more people would adopt. There are so many babies/toddlers/children out there that need the love and stability of a good home.

DH and I have thought about it now that the kids are grown, but we're a bit selfish, we're enjoying ourselves, can leave when we want stay gone as long as we want without having to worry about the kids at home, or finding a baby sitter

Comment

It's a shame that our Government makes it so difficult for folks to adopt.. Add to that, the very idea that the "biological" Mom or Dad could come back at ANY time and take them away due to a "change of heart"... That makes it even more difficult when considering adoption...

As for the Property Tax exemption - they actually DO hold Church services in their home every Sunday for their families, friends, and other multiple children families. I believe they also host Bible Study classes. In all actuality... They probably have a larger "congregation" than a lot of small churches..
                Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Why are they home-schooled? Do they ever get a chance to make friends and be away from their family do discover their independence and purpose in life?

Doesn't she ever have a headache and tell her hubby, no, not tonight dear.

Comment

Those children are being exploited. Why are they being made to be brought up in the public eye?
                    If the parents were for real, they wouldn't want to take the chance of some crazy person seeing them in the media and doing harm to them.
                    These kids are going to grow up and one by one they are going to leave home. None of them are going to be ready for how the world really is.
                    Then there is the possibility that one, or both, of the parents gets killed. Then what?

Comment

Doesn't she ever have a headache and tell her hubby, no, not tonight dear.[/QUOTE]

Apparently Not!!! LOL

Comment

I didn't see the show, but I understand that she announced her latest pregnancy on the Today show, announced not just the viewers, but also to her children, that's how they found out that their mother is pregnant...again. Evidently ,from what I read, there wasn't much of a reaction from the children. I am sure the older must have just groaned inside, another sibling to take care of. I am sure glad that Jim Bob & Michele don't like media attention
                        I wonder which child, of the older ones, will break away and write the tell-all book ???? Could be an eye opener, because you can tell that Daddy Jim Bob pretty much is in control of that family.

Comment

I personally find them very strange. He just makes me cringe....

I don't think you should make kids take care of kids but it is just my opinion
                          DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

Since I live in the same state, I have seen several local tv interviews, & read interviews, not only of them & the children, but of friends of the family. Far as I can remember, there has never been a negative word written about them. The children have many friends. Lots of kids are home schooled and, given the state of the schools these days, it probably is a good idea. Like I said, I couldn't & wouldn't have this many, but I worry more about all the welfare moochers & freebies for illegals than I do the Duggars.

Comment

I didn't start this topic to bash them. This is my opinion: If they can take care of all these kids and love them then that's good. My concern would be for Michelle. How much can one persons body take? (getting pregnant so many times and so quickly after another.) Does she ever have morning sickness?? I was sick 24/7 for the first 4 months with both of mine and that was enough!! I would love to sit down with her and ask her these questions.

Comment

That would be a neat idea, wouldn't it? Just her & several mothers to ask her questions. Might be a good Oprah show!!

Comment

Working...
                                X