No announcement yet.

The Duggar's expecting baby#18!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not for or against them, but just hear me out. My grandparents had 17 children. They raised each other just as these children are, worked from the time that they woke up until they went to bed. Not building a house, but doing other equally hard chores. Every single one of them has good work ethic, didn't need handouts when they went off on their own, didn't move back home when things got a little tough. I just think that there is something there for a family working together and expecting a lot from their children.

Todays kids don't understand what a hard days work is really like. Most of them think they should get anything they want without questioning. They don't listen and they basically laugh at authority.

The Dugger's children are looking pretty good to me right now. As for the mother, if she wants to keep popping them out it is her personal choice. I certainly could never do it, but more power to her if that is what she wants.

I did see a special on them a while back and I was amazed at all the musical instruments their children could play.

As for overpopulation here in America. It isn't happening. For the first time ever our population is actually shrinking. If you want to say unwanted children need homes then that is cool, but as far as overpopulation it just isn't happening.

It really does sound like I am for them doesn't it??? Not really, but for personal reasons that I will not get into here. However, I will follow them just to see how their children do.
    Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy
      I am not for or against them, but just hear me out. My grandparents had 17 children. They raised each other just as these children are, worked from the time that they woke up until they went to bed. Not building a house, but doing other equally hard chores. Every single one of them has good work ethic, didn't need handouts when they went off on their own, didn't move back home when things got a little tough. I just think that there is something there for a family working together and expecting a lot from their children.

Todays kids don't understand what a hard days work is really like. Most of them think they should get anything they want without questioning. They don't listen and they basically laugh at authority.

The Dugger's children are looking pretty good to me right now. As for the mother, if she wants to keep popping them out it is her personal choice. I certainly could never do it, but more power to her if that is what she wants.

I did see a special on them a while back and I was amazed at all the musical instruments their children could play.

As for overpopulation here in America. It isn't happening. For the first time ever our population is actually shrinking. If you want to say unwanted children need homes then that is cool, but as far as overpopulation it just isn't happening.

It really does sound like I am for them doesn't it??? Not really, but for personal reasons that I will not get into here. However, I will follow them just to see how their children do.

I totally agree with you. I took a lot of flack because I had six. ..I've never asked anyone to help me raise them and they all turned out to be pretty good kids.They all know what responsibility is and they all learned the basic's of life and to love one another. Mine range from 38-50 in age and so far my grandkids are turning into responsible adults too.two college grad. four in college(grads next year) and three more to finish HS.
      Now having 18 would NOT be my choice, but as long as she feels like she does it's none of anyone else's business.I think they do a great job, and they do have the Lord on their side.
      I organize chores into catagories.
      Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

The parents are still condoning the exploitation of their children in the media for financial gain. That is not right.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger
          Considering the Mom's age, what happens when they start producing children with disabilities like Down Syndrome? Will that finally be the sign from their God, that it is time to stop?
          My thoughts exactly! What happens if she has a child with cerbral palsy, Autism, down syndrome, or even ADHD? Autism is diagnosed in 1 in every 150...she's getting mighty close to those statistics!!! What happens when all those bills start coming in for therapy services needed by the handicapped child? Are they going to take government help then? or do they start havingthe older kids provide the services needed? It just seems sad really...not a kind of life living in a fish bowl all the time.

I just hope nothing happens to rock their little cult world...JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy

My parents both came from large families and were raised on a farm. They helped with housework, farm chores and even helped build on to the house, chicken coop, whatever was needed at the time. They didn't cuss, smoke, drink, steal, do drugs, skip school, get bad grades, give any problems at school or home (more than I can say about a lot of kids today). They learned responsibility and all grew up to be successful individuals.
            As far as making money off the family (exploiting) you could say the same about others shows on TV. In fact any that have children in them, reality or sitcom. How is this any different. There has never been anything negative reported about this family except the number of children they decided to have. They love their family and I see nothing wrong with what they are doing.

Comment

Just want to add it is the public's business when they are on TV and have a public website w/updates we will always have opinions then and that is why because they have brought it to our attention jmho but opinions are like a**holes we all have one....mine is that 18 is just too many kids to have for one family I dont care how well off they 'supposedly' are.

Comment

Working...
              X