This brought tears to my eyes......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This brought tears to my eyes......

This was in today's paper, Letter's to the Editor. I just felt the need to share this with all of you on this Mother's Day... So be sure to thank your Mother.

Mom made me who I am today.

I have always viewed myself an independent person. A survivor. A person who rose above expectations, especially considering my childhood. I didn't realize until the past few weeks, that, for all these years (I'm 55), I've been taking credit for someone else's work.

My mother taught me to provide for my own needs. The world doesn't owe me anything. Put others' needs before my own. Take care of my family. Obey the law. Respect my elders. Defend the weak. Don't advance at someone else's expense. Don't lie, cheat or steal. Don't deny who you are. Don't put on airs. Mom taught me the world is not fair and you have to have a thick skin and focus on your goals. My mom sacrificed for my well-being. We were as poor as you get, depending on charity for our existence. My mom didn't beg; she asked. People were glad to help because my mom never refused to help anyone. I'm proud of my mother. She is my hero.

But I never said these things to her. She passed away March 13. Don't wait for the perfect words and the perfect time. Say it now. Happy Mother's Day, Mom.

MARVIN WEYERS

Modesto

Awww.... Very nice tribute to his Mom.. And a very good message about not waiting too long to say those things..
    Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

i love mom

Comment

Working...
      X