Good Manic Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Manic Monday

GOOD MORNING, DID EVERYONE SURVIVE THE WEEKEND? FED 13 PEOPLE YESTERDAY WITHOUT A HITCH, DISHES DONE, EVERYONE LEFT, ELDERLY AUNT AND UNCLE TOOK HOME LEFTOVERS FOR THE WEEKS DINNER,
    NOW BACK TO THE GRIND!!!

DD MOVED BACK HOME, BROUGHT HER CAT WITH HER, I PLAYED WITH THE PUSSY ALL EVENING, HE LOVES HIS LOVIN'. IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE I'VE HAD A CAT IT WAS NICE TO SNUGGLE WITH HIM ON THE COUCH.

GAS WENT UP 20CENTS IN THE LAST WEEK, $3.69!!
    AND, THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO THIS WEEK:

UPCOMING FOOD HOLIDAYS:

May is: National Strawberry Month
    National Salad Month
    National Barbecue Month
    National Chocolate Custard Month
    National Egg Month
    National Hamburger Month
    National Asparagus Month
    National Salsa Month

May 11 - National Mocha Torte Day
    May 12 - National Nutty Fudge Day
    May 13 - National Apple Pie Day
    May 14 - National Buttermilk Biscuit Day
    May 15 - National Chocolate Chip Day
    May 16 - National Coquilles St. Jacques Day
    May 17 - National Cherry Cobbler Day
    May 18 - National Cheese Soufflé Day
    Last edited by nuisance; 05-12-2008, 09:41 AM.

Good Morning, another overcast, humid morning, what else is new, no rain.
    Had a good weekend, my Son and family came by, grandson walked in with his card and colored paper he made for me. He was so proud of himself. Of course he dropped the card and paper at least 3 x before he finally got to me, LOL got to love him, he is only 18 month old. Talked to daughter and granddaughters and SO took me out to lunch. So, yes it was a nice day. So back to reality today, grocery store for me sometime today. SO has another doctor appointment today and so it goes...

Comment

Thanks Nu for the holiday listings for the week

I'm so looking forward to Coquilles St. Jacques Day.. Think I'll go out an buy a new pair of sandals (any excuse to shop will do!)
      Tessa

Comment

Morning all. I survived, just barely. Had to work..no big deal, I'm used to it. But becos it was Mothers Day we had a lot of staff members call in "sick" and not show up, and that makes it so dang hard on the rest of us. Then my patients family members were upset and complaining to me all night long about the lack of care that their loved one were getting...of course I couldnt tell them that we were staffed about 20 patients to 1 nurse because so many people called in "sick" and we couldnt find replacements for them. Thats not their problem, and I dont blame them for being mad. But gawd am I tired! And after getting 6 hours of sleep, the phone wakes me up and they want me to come in a do a double today because theyre short-staffed again today?? I dont think so!

Comment

Cottun, I think you need to stop answering your phone or check caller ID first, LOL

Comment

LOL Sabine...I agree. Or either, to just get some much-needed rest, I need to call in "sick" like the rest of them!

Comment

Oh, Cottun, I Don't Miss That Abit!! I Worked 7 Yrs In Critical Care! I Don't Know How Many Times I Had To Split The Floor With The Charge Nurse Because We Were The Only 2 Who Were There!

Comment

San Antonio has several large medical center plus the military Trauma center which services all of south texas. And every sunday there a pages , many pages of job offers for Nurses, RN's & LVN's in hospital , doctor office and nursing facilities. There is such a shortage of nurses.

Comment

My weekend sucked. I had torn the oven and stove apart
                  Thursday night for cleaning. I got home Friday and
                  got all my gardening/potting stuff dumped on the
                  kitchen table. Went to turn the kitchen sink on to
                  start cleaning the stove inserts to get that put back
                  together, and the whole faucet just catapulted off the
                  fixture and into the light fixture over the sink.
                  Took me a second to register what was happening, all
                  the while a geyser is just shooting all over the
                  kitchen.
                  Got that cleaned up and got what meager little tools
                  out I have at the apartment and can't get it fixed
                  myself, the threads were stripped.
                  Called George (landlord), he said he'd take care of it. Ran
                  around hiding all signs of Conway and waited and
                  waited and waited. No George.
                  Woke up Saturday morning to a flood under the kitchen
                  sink and all over the floor. Got everything out from
                  under the sink and sopped up the water. Laid towels
                  down and put a pitcher under the leak. Crawled under
                  there to try to turn off the water. Knobs aren't
                  budging. Called BIL, he brought some tools over and
                  tried to get the water off. He said the controls were
                  "frozen" and he was afraid he was going to snap them
                  off altogether if he kept trying to turn them.
                  Called George again. He's over in Washington and it's
                  going to be several hours before he can get back to
                  town. *thud* I don't know what time he finally got
                  there, I went over to PJ and Tyler's and spent the
                  night there. Got home yesterday and the sink was
                  fixed, but everything is just a mess. Cleaning stuff,
                  gardening stuff, oven/stove stuff just spread out all
                  over. Every towel in the apartment is sopping wet. I
                  stared at it for a while, trying to decide where to
                  even begin, and went and laid down and went to sleep.
                  LOL
                  I'm exhausted.
                  Oh, and I go in for a root canal tomorrow.
                  I need a long nap. And it's only 8:30 on Monday morning.

Comment

I've got one of those stories that'll curl your hair. In the early 70s, I worked in a state mental hospital (think One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest... VERY similar!) I worked in a unit w/ 60 patients... 30 men on one side and 30 women on the other... many complete care and many assisted care people. Over a 2 day period... ALL of my coworkers called in sick... they were pulling some union crap.

There was no nurse for meds... just little nurse's aide me. I was 20-years-old. They sent me 2 other nurse's aides and told me to pass the meds... for 60 patients!! As a nurse's aide!! I'd had some nurse's training by then, but the legalities of the situation still boggle my mind.

All we could do was try to keep people clean and fed while I passed meds like anti-seizure and powerful antipsychotics to 60 patients!!

The regular workers came back after 2 days... not one word of reprimand or any repercussions.

I could tell more of those stories, if your hair's not curly enough!!

btw... LOVE me some Coquilles St. Jacques!! My sister (who lives in France) makes 'am all the time... but she doesn't use the bought shells to serve them in cause they buy the scallops fresh and they come inside the real shells!! YUMMY!!
                    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

OMG Ang, what a mess, I hate it when stuff like that happens.

Comment

I can see why, Sabine. They kill us! I'm into a 9-day stretch without a day off which is bad enough, but in that 9 days I am doing the work of 2 or people, not one. Family members come in and fuss at my nurses aides for things that havent been done and I just want to scream, because my aides have been there for 16 hours and they are exhausted and doing all they can. I think the shortage is due to nursing staff just getting burnt out! The money is very good, if you can find the time off to enjoy the fruits of your labor. But I'm still carrying around 2 paychecks in my purse because I havent had time to take them to the bank!

Comment

Ang, I cant help it but I had to laugh at your experiences, because I've been in those situations so many times myself. This too shall pass! You will get it all cleaned up little by little and it will all be good again....till next time!

Comment

I have heard in the past that one should not stay in the hospital over a weekend ( of course sometime you have no choice ), because quite often the hospital is not fully staffed. I don't know if that is true or not ?? And it seems like that the RN's are just over burdened with paperwork. So much paperwork. I had some surgery in January, was only in the hospital for a few hours,actually a surgical center within the hospital, but it was the LVN's & aides who did so much of the hands on stuff and the RN's did all the paperwork ????? And I am sure did all the supervising.

Comment

We Need To Open The Bar Early For Ang!!!!

Luvs, I'm An Ignorant Hick, What The Hell's A Coquilles St. Jacques???

Comment

Working...
                              X