Your Opinions-Baby Gifts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Opinions-Baby Gifts?

I have 4, yes 4 pregnant co-workers. Two are due next month, one in Sept & one in December. I'm the only one in our dept not PG. THANK GOD!! (I'm 52)
    Anyway heres my question: Do I need to get a gift for each one of them? Its the 3rd child for 3 of them & the 2nd for the other. Would a nice card be OK? the siblings are all little so they still have baby stuff.
    Since its not the first for any of them, I don't believe there are showers planned.

I think it would depend on how long you have worked with these women. If you have been co-workers for a year or more, then I think a small gift ($10-20) would be apropriate. Is there a group or office gift option available? And if not, why don''t you initiate one. Everyone could put in $5 and sign a group card.
    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

gift

I like the idea of a group gift.

Comment

I wouldn't succumb to the pressure (feeling guilt, obligation or otherwise) of giving a gift; I would toss a few bucks toward a group gift, though. Here's a simple idea of acknowledgement that won't cost you much ~ start each expecting mother a plant from one of your own and plant them in a baby-theme vase. Look for the vases at garage sales, Goodwill, ect. You know the kind I mean? They are ceramic; the type a floral arrangement would come in.

I was given a Hoya plant when my 2nd was born, I still have it after 22 years, and I really love it!

Comment

At work we usually do the group gift thing, each pitching in $10 for baby showers, birthdays and weddings.

If you are unsure about getting a gift and not wanting to spend alot of money, what I do is buy childrens books. Usually a really nice hard cover Shel Silverstein or Dr Suess book. I like to give a copy of Oh The Places You Will Go. I like the classics like Stone Soup, Rainbow Fish or Little Bear books too. I think hard cover childrens classics make great gifts and something maybe the child can pass down to their own children. You can make a special bookmark for the baby too.

Comment

At work we used to do group gifts, no matter if it was the first baby or the third. And that was fine, I have no problems with that. If a group gift is not in the works, personally I would give a small gift. Even if it is the second or third baby you can always use another little outfit, and they don't cost much.

Comment

I like the idea of the plant. Three pregnancies in the office and none of them the first - unless I knew them well I would probably only give a card. It would be financially difficult to give out $10 each (at least for me).

Comment

I find that Kohl's dept. store always has sales going on , that's where I buy clothes for my grandson and they have a nice selection on Baby stuff of all kind. Just a thought.

Comment

The group thing would be OK but I'm the only one in the group not pregnant. I guess I could ask the others who aren't due first about it but then the first gal will still be on maternity leave when the 2nd has her baby.

Comment

the group gift could be a gift card for a restaurant, massage, or even groceries. or the cash, if you think they could use it.
                    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X