GPS system for Father's day????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS system for Father's day????

Well, I have been hinting around about this because this man will not stop for a direction and thought this would be a good gift, those systems have come down on price. DH said no, why would he want one?? He loves to in circles & thinking he knows where he is going. So now have to find another gift, any ideas of what you are getting them for Father's day?

we got my dad a GPS...lol
    DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

Does he use it??? Also is there an activation fee?? I just may get DH this just to bug him. Hate wasting time & gas for getting lost. No reason for this anymore.

Comment

Just explain the gas prices are rising and it costs too much to get side tracked on his little adventures. Tell him this will save us gas and money in the long run. He might think it is cool. Just a guess!

Debbie
        Never regret something because at one point it was exactly what you wanted!

Comment

I got my DH one last year and he loves that thing....he's absolutely lost without it. There is no activation fee with the one I got him. Its the Via Michelin and is easy to use but very accurate so far.

Comment

Consumer Reports magazine rates them in the new issue. I think the Garmin Nuvi (several models) placed very high. My mom has a Garmin and really likes it. We don't have one yet, maybe this Christmas. We don't really have a need for it as we don't travel much right now. If I go someplace I'm not sure of I just google directions, it hasn't failed me yet.

Comment

We got a TomTom 920. I love it! My biggest problem is remembering which is right and which is left . DH is really good at reading maps and finding his way around in new places. I AM NOT!!! We had planned to get one before our holidays in Sept., but could not resist when it came on sale for $150 off.

For safety sake, get one that gives you voice directions.
              Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

You sure you want him to have one??? Think about it...he'll always know how to find home..

When DH bought his motorcycle, it came with one installed. We've really enjoyed it. Also have one that is portable (car to motorhome).. it's an old Magellan (kinda like never lost in Hertz rentals). No activation fee invloved.

When we fly and rent a car, I always make sure that we get a car with GPS

Good luck!
                Tessa

Comment

We have a Garmin. Last summer we drove half-way across the country to move DD. Ms. Garmin was worth her weight in gold!!! It has a list of hotels, restaurants and stores in it's data banks, with addresses and phone numbers, as well as maps. It tells you how many miles away the place is, and the approximate time you'll arrive. We were able to call in hotel reservations from the car while we were driving.

I got ours on Ebay. It's a factory reconditioned unit that's been discontinued. We got a fantastic price, and it's a great unit! DD has one that's the size of a golf ball. Ours is a little bigger, about 4x6, and has a touch screen.

It's one of those things where you don't realize you want one until you've used one!

Comment

My Parents Travel All The Time, They Have A Garmin, And Love It.

Ginger, Dd Was In Kindergarten, I Was 27 Yrs Old Give Or Take, And She Taught Me That Your Left Hand Makes And " L " And Your Right And Is Backwards. Hold Your Hand Out In Front Of You And Your Thumb And Forefingr On Lt Hand Makes An L. Why Didn't They Teach Me That In Kindergarten???/ It's Helped Alot In The Last 20 Yrs!! Lol

Comment

I have a tom-tom. I recommend it highly. My brother has one that does not work as well. I don't know what brand his is.
                      www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance
                        My Parents Travel All The Time, They Have A Garmin, And Love It.

Ginger, Dd Was In Kindergarten, I Was 27 Yrs Old Give Or Take, And She Taught Me That Your Left Hand Makes And " L " And Your Right And Is Backwards. Hold Your Hand Out In Front Of You And Your Thumb And Forefingr On Lt Hand Makes An L. Why Didn't They Teach Me That In Kindergarten???/ It's Helped Alot In The Last 20 Yrs!! Lol
                        Nobody taught me that when I was in kindergarten. I didn't learn that until I took sign language classes.

Comment

Yeah but between listening at the TomTom and trying to figure out which hand makes the 'L', I think I'll be missing a few turns. LOL. I am directionally dyslexic. DD is too. She said that when she took her driver's test, she had to look for the hand that had the freckle, in order to remember which was left and which was right.
                          Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Dh bought me a Magellan (we call her Maggie) for Christmas this year. She's wonderful! was only $150 at Target on sale.

he actually uses her more than I do - I do all the driving and he plays with Maggie!

Comment

I bought Hubby a Garman 3 hrs before our flight left for Canada. It paid for itself as soon as got into the rental car and we programmed it to find our hotel! We were there for 5 weeks and it was well worth every cent we paid for it. If we didn't have the Garman (Chatty Cathy as we've named her)we'd still be trying to find the hotel!!!
                              "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Working...
                              X