Pms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pms

How do you deal with it? It never bothered me in my younger years, but as I get closer to menopause, its really getting horrible! I am so irritable, can cry at the drop of a hat lately (thats not me AT ALL!), and I am PO'd at the world, and the breast tenderness and the cramping just make me more PO'd. Would be easier to handle the physical symptoms than it is to handle the mood swings I think. If I had been dealing with this for years I might know how to deal with it by now, but like I said...this is all new to me.

It's The Same With Me. Never Had Problems When I Was Younger, And It Seems Every Year, I Get Bitchier And Bitchier When That Time Comes Around. I Try To Make My Self Behave, But Sometimes It's Hard!!

Comment

It was the same with me no problems when I was young but when I hit 40 it all went down hill. I'd cry at most any stressful thing during menopause. Thankfully I'm done with that.

Comment

Medically Speaking Though, Anti-depressants Can Help With Pms Symptoms If You Want To Go That Route.

Comment

I dont think I have a choice, Nu! Its either do something about this or break down into tears for absolutely no reason at all in the strangest places...like the grocery store, in traffic...etc. Or getting pissed off because the stove wont cook faster or the night isnt darker...unreasonable stuff! I have become a real bitch to be around!

Comment

Call Your Doc, Explain Your Symptoms. If It Was Our Patient And It Hadn't Been Too Long Since We Saw You, We'd Call In Medication Then Follow Up In 3-4 Wks To See How It's Working, Because As You Know Antidepressants Don't Start Working For A Few Weeks.
            Call Him/her, It's Not Going To Hurt Anything. May Improve Your Outlook On Life Also!

Good Luck.

Comment

I never had problems with PMS except for perhaps once a year and then very mild. Never had much problems going through menopause either.

I have friends who were certifiable with PMS though and I knew when to stay away from them and just throw chocolate at them during that time.

Comment

Go back on birth control pills, even if you don't need birth control, that straightens things out. Or have a vaginal hysterectomy , and then go on Lexapro for hot flashes, or you may not have any. I know, I know , kind of drastic, but it works. Years ago Doctors would give out hormones like they were candy, of course that has changed. I stayed on birth control pills until I had my hysterectomy, so I had very little PMS.

Comment

I seem to be more emotional than I was as a teen. I'm not old, I'm 32 and the week before I start I'm a B*#ch! I'm on the pill and have been for a while. It doesn't help that we live away from all of our family. I always take it out on my DH the week before. I sometimes feel like I need some happy pills.

Comment

oy, and i thought it was just me ...
                    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

Oh man, did I have PMS bad before I had my hysterectomy. One night I literally scratched my DH's face so bad because he didn't say please for something.. I was a wicked witch for a few months. After my hyster, I never PMS'd again.

Comment

angelbutterfly

i never had a problem when i was younger..now i'm experiencing cramps..although i'm regular for the first time ..usually i'm a little early or late..

Comment

Working...
                        X