Does Anyone Own One Of These?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Own One Of These?

I found this at taste of home site...looks like it would be real handy. Anyone own one of these and if so...do you like it?

http://www.shoptasteofhome.com/corn-cob-cutter/31628,default,pd.html&cgid=KIT

Roxy,
    I've had one for years, bought it because my father in-law had problems eating corn on the cob. It works really well.
    Jacki

Comment

I wouldn't waste your money on that plus S/H.. See the mess it's making? Just get your cob and stand it in a bowl and use a knife to slice off the kernels..Works great, and it's free.

Comment

Thx for lettting me know that it works well jacki....much appreciated I had a cornea transplant and I would feel more comfortable using it. It would hold the corn more firmly and I would feel more comfortable cutting the corn kernels off without using a knife.
        Last edited by Roxy; 05-13-2008, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Roxy,
          I bought mine at a local cooking supply store. it would save shipping. it's easier for me because of my arthritis can't trust myself to much around sharp objects.

Comment

I AM SO SORRY ROXY !!! I didn't realize about your transplant.. I shouldn't have posted that.

Comment

http://www.pineapplecutterfactory.com/store/2225491/product/KK

Kernel kutter - $5.95 plus S&H

http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp?pn=FP0118&bhcd2=1210707306

$5.25

http://www.thegadgetsource.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=tgs&Product_Code=039117015003

Comment

I stand my corn in a bowl and slice it off then scrape the cob to make my fried corn. I have never tried one of these. I have my method down to an art, so I don't know if I would use one or not. I have a real hard time using gadgets being left handed. Don't know if that would matter with this or not.
                I would give it a try if I thought it would help eliminate the sharp objects. I make a big mess when I cut mine with a knife, so that wouldn't be an issue to me. If it is being bought for safety reasons, it looks great to me
                Last edited by luvkidrock; 05-13-2008, 10:22 PM.
                DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

When I was younger my mom had one similar and that was how us kids could help her can her corn. It was easy to use and we couldn't get hurt using it. I remember getting up on a chair and removing the corn from the cob. Now since being an adult I have not used one but I do know they work.

Debbie
                  Never regret something because at one point it was exactly what you wanted!

Comment

I have one and it does work well...when I remember to take it out of the draw!!! LOL!!! You need to use alittle pressure...or be at the right angle for leverage. It does work thou...

Comment

I don't think it's a problem for left hander's. My DH is left handed and he never complains about it.

Comment

We have one for our annual corn freeze. DB and I did 30 dozen last year. Sure makes things go faster.

Comment

I'll bet you could find it much cheaper locally. That S&H can kill ya!

Jana, don't feel bad! I was thinking the same thing. At least, that is what Dan would tell me if I wanted to buy one!! And, we are talking about someone here that darn near mangled my hand trying to cut a bagel in half!!
                          Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Jana..no need to apologize hon..u were just trying to help me Sorry I didn't reply sooner...was busy today and sometimes I miss reading replies.
                            Last edited by Roxy; 05-14-2008, 09:47 PM.

Comment

I lay a clean kitchen towel on the counter and cut the corn off the cobb with a knife. the towel keeps the corn from flying all over the place then I fold it to dump the corn in the skillet. It would seems like the corn would go all over the kitchen with that gadget but iIhave never used one.

Comment

Working...
                              X