No More Suspense for Amer. Idol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No More Suspense for Amer. Idol

You know Syesha is going to be going tomorrow. Both of the Davids are good but none of the performances knock your sox off anymore.

Its more entertaining to see what Paula is going to say or wear.

I think AI has gone downhill since Sanjaya. It is just not what it used to be. I watch it, but just don't care about it so much. I liked Michael John and David Cook. I am hoping that David Cook wins..

I thought Paula looked pretty tonight
    DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

I agree! I do like David Cook. David A is good, but he just seems too young to handle the fame, doesn't show much personality yet. And, Paula did look especially pretty tonight.

Comment

I think the top two should be Syesha and David Cook with David Cook winning it. David Archuleta has bothered me for the longest time and I figured it out tonight during the 2nd song...he sounds like he belongs on stage in Disneyland! He's got that giddy-little-boy-never-does-anything-wrong-belongs-on-Disney-family-ad look and THAT is what irks me.
        I do think we started to see some of his personality this week...maybe them banning his dad from backstage was a good thing.
        I only want Syesha to get 2nd place in this competition because I can see the fluffs promoting the finale already. "It's a battle of the David's in this year's finale". At least if Syesha won it would keep the confusion of which David the media was talking about to a minimum. All 3 of them will get a Record deal anyway so does it really matter who wins anyhow?
        I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.

Comment

Also agree that AI is not as entertaining as it was in previous years. The programming format they chose this year did not allow the contestants to showcase their individuality (except for David Cook) as much as in previous years.

Syesha is a Florida girl and came home last Friday to a big welcome in Sarasota. The whole town came out for her, but agree her time is up on the show. DH actually voted last night for David Cook.

We are also "Paula watchers" here too. Agree that she was especially pretty last night.

Comment

I didn't know that David had banned his dad from backstage
            DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

said it before...say it again...
              DC - LOVE that boy! has talent coming out of every part of his body!
              DA - not my thing...but I hope he "wins"...heres why:

David Cook has enough talent, songs, and know how to cut an album RIGHT NOW...and if he was "under AI managment" he would have ALOT of restrictions. David Cook "KNOWS" his music base, his strenghts and plays to them. He doesnt need someone telling him "this is your song", He can do his own thing and be VERY sucessful (like Daughtry).

David Archeletta is too young to understand the ropes of the business. He NEEDS to be guided, molded, told what to do and when to do it. In essence by signing on as "THE" American Idol...they have full say in his career. David Cook doesnt need to be told what to do...he just does it.

For the love of GOD...young one had to be told on stage when to walk...when to sing...when to leave...it was sad last night!

JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by luvkidrock
                I didn't know that David had banned his dad from backstage
                Thought that happened on "STAR SEARCH"? producers said his dad could be VERY controlling and would SCREAM at David til he was cowering in fear...
                Thought that hadnt happened this year.

Comment

angelbutterfly

agree the performance didn't knock my socks off..my favorite is david cooke..even if he doesn't win..i think he will do well..i would buy his cd...i get the feeling it's going to be little david..the judges really like him..

Comment

I have to say that Syesha has really come far & can belt out a song! She's an entertainer too, doesn't just stand there (David A).
                    David A definately has talent but not much stage presence unless you are 13 yrs old. He's so cute tho. I read on MSN that AI kicked his Dad off of the rehearsals.

David C. has talent but is a little cocky IMHO. He'll probably win.
                    I did enjoy watching the videos of them visiting their home towns.

Comment

Sewcute....I never thought of it that way! good thinking girl!

Comment

LOS ANGELES Backstage meddling has caught up with "American Idol" favorite David Archuleta's dad, who's been banned from rehearsals, a person working for the TV talent contest said Friday.

Jeff Archuleta was told this week by producers that he can no longer join his 17-year-old son David as he prepares for the show, the person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press. The person wasn't authorized to comment publicly and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The show's action was first reported Friday by the online Web site TMZ.

David Archuleta of Murray, Utah, is one of three contestants left as the top-rated Fox show heads toward the May 20-21 finale. The fresh-faced teenager with the big voice has consistently been deemed a front-runner by the judges and been a consistent fan favorite.

Jeff Archuleta's intense backstage involvement had become a source of concern for the series, the person connected with "American Idol" said but it was a lyric change on Tuesday's show that pushed producers to act.

Despite a warning, Jeff Archuleta insisted on altering "Stand by Me," one of two songs his son sang on the show Tuesday. By adding a verse from Sean Kingston's "Beautiful Girls," the father incurred additional costs for "American Idol," the person said.

Fox declined comment. Attempts to reach Jeff Archuleta for comment were unsuccessful. A phone number listed under his name in Murray, Utah, was no longer in service, and Fox did not immediately respond to a request Friday evening for help in contacting the family.

Earlier Friday, David Archuleta was honored at a hometown celebration held at his high school in Murray, which Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman declared "David Archuleta Day."

The singer and his family declined to be interviewed at the event, but David Archuleta did speak with the Salt Lake City Fox affiliate, KSTU-TV. "Wow," he exclaimed as he viewed the cheerleading squad outside his stretch limousine.

The other finalists left in competition for the "Idol" title and a record contract are David Cook and Syesha Mercado.

Link to article: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354852,00.html
                        I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.

Comment

UPDATE:
                          Just saw Simon on the Ellen show, he confirmed that Father Archeltto did indeed get the boot from back stage. didnt go into details. He also said that David COOKE will win, because it all comes down to song choice and this boy has "un-touchable talent". He also said the "interview process" would go more smoothly with Cooke VS Archaletto because "how many gee's and gosh's can you stand?" David Cooke is more articulate in his word choices.

I only hope he's wrong! I LOVE Cook, but he needs to be on his own

Comment

Working...
                          X