WooHoo luvkidrock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WooHoo luvkidrock

How do you make fried corn? I've never had that before.

Sounds yummy though!!

It IS yummy!!! It's the best way to eat corn..Not sure how luv makes it but I just cut the corn off and then scrap it..Get my hot pan of bacon grease going, and then add the corn. Let it cook for around 20-30 min and add some butter toward the end..Yum! but I would like to know how luv and others make it, too..

Comment

I fix it just like berry....you have to make sure when you cut the corn off the cob you split through the kernal, then scrape the cob...that is where you get the starch and it sorta thickens it. I cook it in bacon grease and add butter at the end. seems like sometimes my mom adds a little milk and that helps to thicken it. Salt and pepper to taste.....
      My favorite meal in the summer is fried corn, fresh green beans with new potatoes, fresh tomatoes and cornbread. I don't have to have any meat with that meal. I love it.
      DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

Thank you - I'd love that!! I'm going to try it when our fresh corn comes in.

Comment

I fry everything like all my ancestors before me did- how is it that they missed fried corn?? Gonna have to try that!

Comment

oh my gosh, I think you will love it. I love it. I always fix it in a big iron skillet.....my mouth is watering just thinking about it

you don't have to use a whole lot of bacon grease...it actually has the texture of cream corn only a little thicker. Scrape that cob good and get all that white starchy stuff in that bowl....man oh man I am going to have to find some corn
            DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

Comment

Originally posted by luvkidrock View Post
              I fix it just like berry....you have to make sure when you cut the corn off the cob you split through the kernal, then scrape the cob...that is where you get the starch and it sorta thickens it. I cook it in bacon grease and add butter at the end. seems like sometimes my mom adds a little milk and that helps to thicken it. Salt and pepper to taste.....
              My favorite meal in the summer is fried corn, fresh green beans with new potatoes, fresh tomatoes and cornbread. I don't have to have any meat with that meal. I love it.
              Luv??? are you one of my sisters, and you haven't told me you visit CK?
              That is the exact meal my mom made all the time in the summer. It is outragous. I would have to fix some sorta meat for dh. He had fried corn in his youth. The first time I made it he said "this is cream corn not fried corn" He thinks of fried corn as tough and chewy. NONONO I use my mom's big ol' iron skillet too.

Comment

Rosie, I am an only child, but I guess we are CK sisters. I guess we both had moms that really knew what to cook. I can't wait for the fresh corn to come in so I can have this meal. If I get to choose my food in Heaven, that will definitely be one of the things on my menu.

I make mine a little thicker than cream corn, but it isn't tough and chewy.
                DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

Comment

Working...
                X