Ikea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ikea?

Does anyone else here have an addiction to IKEA? I have always looked at their stuff, hoping to buy it, and never bought the products. But, a few weeks ago I bought a TV stand and light. I love them both. The TV stand is so durable (I can stand on it and it won't break!). It was easy to put together and it goes so well in my house. I have so many ideas of what to do, my mind is going wild! Tomorrow I am on my way back to IKEA to look for a bed frame and I am feeling hopeful.
    I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.

We have a new one here. I went to look once...didn't buy anything. Most of the furniture is not my style. To me it was just ok. It was definitely large.

Comment

IKEA is a fun store. We have a relatively new IKEA in Roundrock,TX ... only about 20 minutes from me. I haven't been in awhile. I have heard that their meatballs are very delicious... so you'll have to be sure to try em out sometime. Have fun shopping!

Comment

We have an Ikea bedframe and mattress in our spare room. Everyone says it is very comfortable. And the whole thing cost less than $800 (Canadian) for a queen size.

If you do buy the frame and decide on the slats instead of a box spring (personal opinion--just as good but much cheaper) do not take the slats off the 'ribbon'. It is just there to keep them at a proper distance from each other. (our directions were not very clear about that.)
        Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Originally posted by BJinTexas
          IKEA is a fun store. We have a relatively new IKEA in Roundrock,TX ... only about 20 minutes from me. I haven't been in awhile. I have heard that their meatballs are very delicious... so you'll have to be sure to try em out sometime. Have fun shopping!
          The meatballs are very, very good. Try them. I like the Ikea store, but then they carry stuff, in a style, that I grew up with. I also go to the Roundrock store, but it's more then an hours drive for me, so I don't go very often. I wish we had a store here in SA.

Comment

We make a 2-hour drive to IKEA about 3x a year. Sometimes I spend a lot of money, sometimes not. The style of furniture isn't for everyone but if I were single, just out of college, and trying to furnish my apartment, I'd definitely shop there. They have cool furnished room designs that give you great ideas. They also show how for a couple of thousand $$ you could completely furnish a small 1-bd apartment. I LOVE walking through their kitchen displays.

You do have to put everything together yourself and that can be tedious. Some of our major buys include a buffet (light wood top 12 white drawers), a black shelving unit w/12 cubbies, and a full-size bed. I love all the little stuff too: paper napkins, kitchen gadgets, dishes and glassware..... They have neat holiday decorations too.

And great chocolate!

Comment

I agree it would be a good way to cheaply furnish an apartment or house if you're young and just getting started. Supposedly the stuff is very durable. When this one opened there were traffic jams for weeks. It's been open a couple of months now, and it's not bad now. I went ready to buy but just didn't see anything I wanted.

Comment

I want these 2 cubby-hole kind of large bookcases for each side of my couch... and went online to buy them. The shipping was as much as the bookcases!

We'll go to the one in Philadelphia on our trip back east next week and buy 'em... no shipping... hope they fit IN and don't have to be put ON TOP of the car!
                "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I love Ikea. In my apartment my dining area is 5 x 5 so too small for a table. Therefore I decided to make it into my office. Ikea provided the perfect thing to block off the access from the livingroom.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/80071319

This is 5 x 5 vertically so it is perfect. It leaves me room for a desk and a small file cabinet.

Comment

I have this same bookcase and I love it. I actually have two of them.... the 5x5 one and a smaller one for my office. I bought the clear plastic drawers and use those on the bottom two rows (the drawers took more time to put together than the shelf, go figure). Then I have baskets for one row. This piece is so versatile.

Comment

This piece is perfect for me because I have a much smaller apartment than previously so have less storage space in the kitchen. I can store some of my canisters and small appliances in here yet still use some of the squares to hold knick knacks.

My cats just use one of the bottom squares as a doorway into my office area/ kitchen.

Comment

I love IKEA!! The furniture is a bit modern for my tastes, but they have sooo much more there!
                        I wish we had one closer to us...have to shop at the Pittsburgh store. That and a Trader Joe's and I would be over the moon!

Comment

We dont have Ikea's around here, so I've never been there. I did love this commercial tho that someone sent me in email!

Warning - adult!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtuUrm60YsI

Comment

Well, that didnt work! If you do a search for "Why kids move out" and go to this video, its hilarious!

Comment

Working...
                            X