Good Wednesday Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Wednesday Morning

It's hump day and it is raining, finally. What is going on in your world?

It's pouring here. SSDD!!

Comment

We had a thunderstorm going through last night and it just now started to rain again. We need rain so bad, but I hate driving in it and I have to drive across town in a little while. I guess I better give myself extra time

Comment

Sunny here, but the rains supposed to roll in again tomorrow night. Lately everytime we get thunderstorms, we get tornado warnings with it and there have been 2 touchdowns within 10 miles of my house...it gets scary!

Comment

Yes, tornado warnings are scary. I used to live in Kansas, and there were lots of times when we headed to the basement because of tornado warnings

Comment

It rained all night in the Chicago area; it's 60degrees here now and it looks like more rain. Grass is really green!

Comment

Hope None Of Our Floridians Were Affected By The Fires.

Comment

We're new to the midwest and tornado alley... and the tornado watches and warnings kind of freak me out! I was wondering the other day when really tiny hail was coming down (a precursor to tornadoes, I've heard) if I could push all the crap off the guest bed and FIT the mattress into the tiny bathroom to put it over me in the tub! I've been amazed to see people on the news who've survived tornadoes in mobile/manufacured homes w/ no basements... like we have. They stand up from the bathtub w/ the mattress over them to find there's NOTHING but the tub left!!
                "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Morning,

Been busy getting things done here. The weather has been beautiful and Iíve been spending lots of time outdoors.

We NEED rain in a bad way!!!

Comment

Good to see you posting Bean.

Comment

Good Morning all!

Weather is nice today! not a touch of humidity or anything!

Florida was OK...GMIL looked alot better than MIL said she would (what else is new?). We managed to sneak her out for dinner on TWO NIGHTS and a breakfast one morning!!! All in all it was good to see her, and I am glad DH saw her. She new the kids, was in her right mind, she loked good! Had trouble walking...but geez I'm HALF her age and I have trouble walking LOL!

MIL was another story...but I'm too tired to get into those sorted details! Spent 6hours in Oralndo Intl Airport Monday night...and NOT becuase of the fires (which we could see in the distance from the monorail to the terminal), but because of the horrible weather up and NE coast. Nasty winds closed Philly airport (where OUR plane was coming from). THANK GOD I had packed enough games and snacks for the kids in out carry ons!!! we got there at 4pm, and didnt take off till 10:15!! we landed around 1:30 and were home by 2. Let DD sleep in the next morning...poor lil thing.

Anyway, nice day...taking DS to his horseback riding...then off to the food store. Hope you all have a great day!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sewcute View Post
                        MIL was another story...but I'm too tired to get into those sorted details!
                        But I love your MIL stories, sewcute! No one will tell me where my former MIL is buried... guess they don't want me DANCING on her grave.

Sorry, I know that's bad, but the woman left a terrible legacy from which my kids will probably never recover.
                        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Cool and dreary here. Spitting rain on and off.
                          Still haven't gotten the kitchen all put back together from the flood last weekend.
                          Felt guilty about bad mouthing landlord for taking over a day to show up. He was in western Washington (about 6 hour drive) with his mother, who is dying of cancer. Larry told me not to feel too guilty, he could have just had me call a plumber.
                          Jaw is still achey from the root canal yesterday.
                          TV is flipping out on me. Same symptoms as the one that blew up on me before this one (it was less than two years old). I haven't even paid this one off yet. I sure as hell can't afford another one. It's less than 6 months old. My neighbor is stealing cable service. Larry thinks it may be interfering with my box. I called the cable company today. They'll have someone get back to me within two business days. *sigh*
                          And while I'm ranting, why the hell isn't Time Warner Cable listed in the white or yellow pages of the local phone book? I had to go to their website and dig around like a crazy person to get a contact number. *vent over*

Comment

Glad you made it back safely from Florida Sewcute. Like Luvs, I like to hear you MIL stories , reminds of my MIL , also known as the bitch. Being delayed for 6 hours in the airport with 2 kids is no fun. Been there and done that.
                            Ang, you are just having one heck of a time. Time Warner doesn't want you to have their phone #, they don't want people to call them and complain. LOL

Comment

Ang...my life seems boring compared to yours!!! THANK YOU

MIL (better known as the woman Satans afraid of), was a mean spirited BIATCH to say the least. Made SURE she said how happy she was to see her SON and the kids....made SURE she called her friends in front of me and said "MY SON! MY SON! My son came in WITH THE KIDS just to surprise ME!!!!! oh and he brought HER too!!!"
                              So of course I made SURE I told Grandma in front of HER we "flew in to JUST to see YOU, GRANDMA..."
                              MIL was pouting on Monday (POUTING! with a fat freakin lip and all!) becuase we wouldnt run all over Florida to show off the kids to her friends!!!! We were there 2days and flying out on THAT DAY (this was, of course, before we knew of the delay...tee hee tee hee )

Comment

Working...
                              X