Bean????? Has anyone heard from her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bean????? Has anyone heard from her

Florida has some huge fires going on right now in the area where Bean lives. Has she been heard from in the last few days? I've got a houseful of company, as usual , and am not checking in too often. Hoping she is OK ... Sadly, the officials think these fires have been started by arson.

I have TV on and it was just announced that the police in that area has arrested a man accused of starting those fires.
    Bean hasn't posted in a long time.

Comment

She Was Posting Yesterday. We Had A Discussion About Mac And Cheese In Rtt. She Said Not Long Ago She Had Alot Going On, That's Why She Hasn't Been Around. I Think She's Just Trying To Avoid Me, Tired Of Me Stalking Her. That's Ok Bean, Rube Is Not The One Of My Affections! Lol

Comment

Hey! The fires are not too far south of us (Teresayo too). They were terrible. Last night DH was stuck on I95 because they were evacuating in Cocoa due to flare ups. Last night the fires in Palm Bay were “contained.”

I sure hope they find the low life who started these all up.
        So many people have lost their homes and businesses.

Thanks for thinking about me!

Stalker (errrrrrr I mean Nu) , I am making that mac & cheese, just need to run out later and get the goat cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine
          I have TV on and it was just announced that the police in that area has arrested a man accused of starting those fires.
          I haven't had the TV on today, going to look now. I sure hope they have him. A slow torture is due him!

Comment

I had my TV tuned into Fox news, but I am sure it would be on all the major channels, and in your case I am sure your local channels

Comment

Hi Bean!! I didn't think there were any fires past Cocoa. Did you see that they are going to do a prescribed burn between 520 and 528? I think that is nuts!! Every year they do that, they ALWAYS lose control of it.
              That person of interest looks kind of like Michael Bolton. Must be the hair!
              I read that he may be just a copy cat and there are others who started the fires.

Comment

Hey Isis! Just up to Cocoa last I heard last night when DH was stuck in traffic.

I caught a bit of the news but changed the channel, can only watch so much. You know?

Can you smell the smoke?

Comment

Originally posted by Isis1
                  Did you see that they are going to do a prescribed burn between 520 and 528? I think that is nuts!! Every year they do that, they ALWAYS lose control of it.
                  That person of interest looks kind of like Michael Bolton. Must be the hair!
                  I read that he may be just a copy cat and there are others who started the fires.
                  OH and I didn't hear that. Are they crazy to try that NOW?

Yeah, the guy is creepy looking (like MB)! LOL

I hope they catch them ALL!

Comment

I could smell a little smoke the other day but it wasn't too bad where we're at. There are a ton of people here at work who are not here 'cause they live in the Palm Bay area where the fires are at. Know of a couple of people whose houses burned to the ground. A lot of people were using their hoses to douse the fires that came close.
                    A coworker told me her child goes to the high school(Bayside) that had to be evacuated. She said they didn't let them out until the smoke and fire was right next to the school!!!! She was furious! She shot a bunch of pictures to prove it and it was scary! There was kids running everywhere and looked like mass confusion. She luckily found her dd and they got the hell out of there. I wonder what the hell those school officials were thinking?!?? That could have become a catastrophe!!

Comment

No kidding! What a terrible thing to have to go through.

I know many people say it's just a house but there is a lot more to it than that!

Comment

It's not the house they're mourning, it's the sentimental things in and connected with the house. Those are unreplaceable.

Not to change the subject, but... Bean, could you use Ricotta in place of the goat cheese in that mac & cheese recipe?

Comment

Exactly! Some people don't get that!

I am back from the store, will make as directed! LOL

Comment

Isis1, I forgot you lived over there too. We could smell smoke this morning, but it might be a residual from the Gilcrist county fire. Hoping you guys all stay safe. The Orlando FOX station had someone one who said the guy who was arrested to be in jail --- if folks would have found him, he might have been hurt. So glad to hear that you guys are OK so far. I wonder how many of these prescribed burns go out of control? Every spring we hear about the ones that have become problems!

Comment

Working...
                            X