Did you know this about Foil ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you know this about Foil ?

According to the old saying, we learn something new everyday. Well, I just did and in case there is anyone else as ignorant as I am, I'm passing this along. Just think of all the aggravation we could have avoided all of these years. Ha!

I've been using aluminum foil for more years than I care to remember. Great stuff, but sometimes it can be a pain. You know, like when you are in the middle of doing something and you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of the box. Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over. The darn roll always comes out at the wrong time.

Well, I would like to share this with you. Yesterday I went to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it and looked at the end of the box. And written on the end it said, “Press here to lock end”. Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place. How long has this little locking tab been there? I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too. I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too! I can't count the number of times the Saran wrap roll has jumped out when I was trying to cover somet hing up.

I'm sharing this with my friends that did not know this. If you all ready know this, delete this message and don't e-mail me and make me feel dumber than I already feel. If you didn't know this, e-mail me and let me know so I won't feel so dumb.

I hope I'm not the only person that didn't know about this.

I IMMEDIATELY WENT AND PUSHED IN ALL MY TABS...HA

I found those tabs on mine a yr or so ago. They are a God send!!!

Comment

I figured Nu, You know everything !! :-)

Comment

I do know everything. If you don't believe me, just ask me!!! lol

Comment

I will from now on! You'll be my personal Google-NU !!

Comment

Need a google or a giggle, just call me??? lol

Comment

I'm not as smart as Nu, I guess, that was new to me. Just locked my Reynolds! TY, Jana!

Comment

It's Even On The Plastic Wrap, Wax Paper, Etc.

Comment

I checked my wax paper and Sam's plastic wrap, and I don't see anything on those.

Comment

Oh so funny, you learn something new every day. Tks

Comment

Originally posted by luv2bake View Post
                      I checked my wax paper and Sam's plastic wrap, and I don't see anything on those.
                      MINE DO. MAYBE WE'RE SMARTER HERE IN TEXAS! LOL

Comment

I haven't known about them very long. I still sometimes have a problem with them. Guess I am not doing something right lol
                        DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
                          MINE DO. MAYBE WE'RE SMARTER HERE IN TEXAS! LOL
                          LOL, MS. is always on the low end of the totem pole, even with our foil!

Comment

Wow... ya really DO learn something new everyday... just went and pushed in all of mine... even the cheap store brands! Thanks for the tip!!
                            "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Well, I can't wait to get off work, go home and check my foil...I didn't know.

Comment

Working...
                              X