Have you ever....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever....

Have you ever started a recipe and mid-way through putting the dry ingredients in the bowl, found out you didn't have everything? What did you do?

I started making some pumpkin bread, greased and floured the pan, turned the oven on, sifted flour, added baking powder and then..........
    no baking soda #$!$#@!$#@

So, I just finished adding all the dry ingredients, put mixture in a plastic bag with note to add soda, wrapped the prepared pan in foil and put everything up. I'll just have to wait until I get to town to buy soda. Dang I was hungry for pumpkin bread too!!

I've Done That Several Times. Aggrivating!!!! I'm Sure I'll Do It Again!! Luckily In My Small Town The Grocery Store Is Only 2 Blocks Over And 4 Blocks Up, So No Big Deal To Run To Get Just One Thing.

Comment

Been there, done that many times. At least you didn't go to far, and mess up your ingredients!

Mmm, pumpkin bread! I have 2 cans of pumpkin that I need to use up.

Comment

It happens more than I want it to. I triple check the ingredients now before I bake.

Comment

All the time...I send DH to the store.

Comment

Has happened, I have a store close by, probably would go and get it. But if I didn't feel like doing that, and SO wasn't available to go for me, I would do the exact same thing you did AllieK.

Comment

I Loved It When The Kids Had Just Gotten Their Licenses They Loved To Go On Those Little Errends Again!!! Lol

Comment

unfortunatly, the nearest store is 8-9 miles from home and with gas prices, those little trips can't be made as often.

Comment

Working...
                X