Do you write letters to companies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you write letters to companies?

I do... sometimes good ones telling them how much I enjoy a product... sometimes not so good.

I just sent Dixie paper products an email telling them their commercial on television lately ("I will not be defined by the amount of dishes I do... I get to spend more time w/ my children...") was so environmentally irresponsible... and why can't parents spend time w/ their kids cleaning up the kitchen?? Some of the best times w/ my kids were spent after dinner... w/ really loud music... dancing around the kitchen. My 3 DDs and I could spiff up that kitchen in like 10 min. flat. To suggest that we need to use paper plates rather than regular plates so we don't have to do dishes really chaps my hide.
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Yes, I have. I don't do it very often, but if something really bugs me, I sure do. I have always received a response, but not always did things change. LOL

Comment

I Wrote To Carhardt With A Suggestion Once. I Got A Reply Saying They Would Send My Idea To Someone And I Can;t Remember Who Right Now.

I Also Wrote To The Manufacture Of The Roomba, Saying They Need A High Pile Version And A Small Area Version Of The Roomba, They Also Replied Saying They Would Pass This On.
      SHEL

Comment

I've written to companies both to commend and to criticize. Generally you get a nice letter in response and occasionally you get a freebie out of it.

Write to McDonalds and you'll get a coupon for something at an outlet.

Comment

I once wrote to Pampers, many years ago. I'd used them for several years and they changed 'em... and they weren't as good. They were leaky! I wrote and told them whatever they did to change 'em wasn't a good thing and they wrote me back and asked me if I was putting them on correctly?

?????????????
          "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I write to companies all the time. Sometimes they send me coupons for free food/stuff, sometimes they send me jerly answers, it's a fun past time activity LOL

Comment

I once wrote to Trident because I really liked their cinnamon gum. They sent me a box of stuff.

Of course another time I wrote to a restaurant I'd been to to complain about something and I never got a response. I've also written to a grocery store complaining of their service and didn't get a response from them either.

Comment

Originally posted by Sewcute View Post
                I write to companies all the time. Sometimes they send me coupons for free food/stuff, sometimes they send me jerly answers, it's a fun past time activity LOL
                Same here Sew, kinda like a hobby.. hahaha !

Comment

Absolutely, especially if I hate their commercials or a product isn't up to par.

Comment

I'm writing a letter to Domestications to tell them how wrong they were to backorder an item, which caused me to spend $22.00 shipping fee on an item that cost $6.00. I dont want and dont expect to get anything from them - I just want them to know what a poor way of doing business that is!

Comment

Asked about the Duncan HInes cupcake mix on their site, and got a free cake mix coupon! Befuddled the cashier so much I didn't even pay tax for it !
                      I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

I've written to Carl's Jr twice.

The first time I told them how disgusting their 'dripping' commercials are and the second time when they had the Paris Hilton commercial - really, people, why does one have to be all but naked to sell a hamburger????

Comment

Oh, yes!!
                          1.On a camping trip with 20 boyscouts to Big Bend Natl Park we had collapsible water jugs that were supposed to stay upright when they started to fill. Didn't happen. Wrote the company and received a boxful of assorted sizes of jugs that worked better.
                          2.At a grocery store I got stuck at the express lane while the cashier excused herself to sell lottery tickets at another station. I wrote and complimented the manager on a well-run store that had excellent products -- but the express lane is just that. Next time I visited, there was a cashier for lottery only. And he sent me a $25 gift certificate that I used to buy food for the Katrina victims in our city.
                          3.When I used to cater I used Pillsbury mixes for a white cake that turned out a nasty shade of beige. After I baked another, I called Pillsbury & found that I was the first to report the problem. Turns out the original mixes were processed at a new location and all the white mixes were discolored although nothing was wrong with them. I received coupons worth $25.
                          4. At Red Lobster twice I was served the wrong dish, nasty salad, and burned baked potatoes. The manager apologized. Period. So I wrote the headquarters & received 3 $25 coupons.

Comment

I bought a tub of bbq pork and it was mainly sauce and very little meat. Wrote the company, got a coupon for a free one, bought it at another store a couple of weeks later. Same thing, lotsa sauce very little meat. They didn't respond the second time. And I'm not one to complain about every little thing.

But I do write about a great product or great experience I've had.

Comment

Same here. I compliment many more times than I complain. When I wrote the President of Sears about a particularly conscientious employee, she received $50 because of my letter.

Comment

Working...
                              X