No announcement yet.

On CNN now ...Breaking news for Gays...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On CNN now ...Breaking news for Gays...

California Supreme Court Overturns Ban On Gay Marriage....

Give it a week... the nutters will come out of the woodwork and make a mess of it!
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

This is far from being all done and is not law yet. I found the following on the internet.

"The challenge for gay rights advocates, however, is not over.

A coalition of religious and social conservative groups is attempting to put a measure on the November ballot that would enshrine laws banning gay marriage in the state constitution.

The Secretary of State is expected to rule by the end of June whether the sponsors gathered enough signatures to qualify the marriage amendment, similar to ones enacted in 26 other states.

If voters pass the measure in November, it would trump the court's decision.

California already offers same-sex couples who register as domestic partners the same legal rights and responsibilities as married spouses, including the right to divorce and to sue for child "

Comment

gay marriage equals special interest group...?

Was raised in California and relocated to the east coast several years ago...Am curious, as the gays/lesbians are probably still considered a 'special interest group'...One of many...Which leads me to the question, "if" these groups can collect money to get on the political roles, why did they not instead spend it on themselves to better their lifestyles, i.e. food, houses, cars...why do they feel the need to be in the poliitcal arena, competing for attention from other 'special interest' groups to get their fave politican elected, only to demand and control the political process for lots more money...Don't believe in special interest groups. Do not hate the gays/lesbians. What they are is between them and their God(s)...Just tired of hearing about someone's sex life in the political arena, when I grew up and strongly believe in, "What goes on behind closed doors, should stay behind closed doors."...Wonder any of these interest groups will do with their huge amounts of money once their policitians comes to power? Again, just demand more attention from the mainstream of society, and, of course, much more money. "If" I am wrong, I don't mean to offend anyone, but doesn't anyone think that others, that are 'straight', or otherwise, just don't give a real darned toot about these only on the face of the earth, they think being a 'special interest', that everyone is forced to cArE!!

Comment

i have no bad feelings toward gay people,but i dont believe in the marriage part,just me maybe...

Comment

I may be the only one here who is happy for them. I see nothing wrong with being with the person you love and who loves you. And no, I am not gay.

Comment

And Ellen Degeneres has already announced her wedding plans. I've always liked her and respected the fact she kept her private life private.....not 'in the closet' but not flaunting it like some do in the media.

Comment

I would say all these wedding plans are a little premature.

Comment

I am 1000% with you Jana. Maybe this country is coming to its senses. God doesn't make mistakes. Love and let love.

Comment

This ruling in California only applies to California not the whole country. It's a state issue. Why not let the people of California vote on it, let it be a popular vote, not a vote by 3 judges out of 4. JMHO
                    Of course I feel similar about the presidential election. Let our next President be elected by the people, the american people, not super delegates and electorial votes and all that crap.

Comment

Originally posted by BethQ View Post
                      I am 1000% with you Jana. Maybe this country is coming to its senses. God doesn't make mistakes. Love and let love.

Ditto (or tritto as the case may be).

It's my understanding that without the 'legality' of marriage, they are denied benefits a heterosexual couple are entitled to, i.e. health benefits and the next-of-kin decision making right in the case of a dire illness just to name a couple. I only know well 3 gay couples, but all of them have been together longer than my marriage lasted which was just over 25 years.

Comment

Originally posted by mew View Post
                        Ditto (or tritto as the case may be).

It's my understanding that without the 'legality' of marriage, they are denied benefits a heterosexual couple are entitled to, i.e. health benefits and the next-of-kin decision making right in the case of a dire illness just to name a couple. I only know well 3 gay couples, but all of them have been together longer than my marriage lasted which was just over 25 years.

" California already offers same-sex couples who register as domestic partners the same legal rights and responsibilities as married spouses, including the right to divorce and to sue for child " They already have those rights without benefit of marriage.

Comment

Working...
                        X