Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ConnieP
    replied
    No but I will mention what is wrong after we pay the bill. My husband nevers sends anything back or will tell them how the meat was. I have watched these shows and it is not worth getting food poison or worse by complaining.

Leave a comment:

• MudderBear
    replied
    Well,,,,we went to a very nice restaurant one night for our anniversary. We ordered filet mignon. Hubby likes all his meat VERY well done, he asked for that, knew that this type of steak should be cooked a little on the rare side,,,he sent it back 2 times, and said to our server, I hope this will not insult the chef but, this is how I like my steak and,,,it was still pink in the middle. He felt bad but, in the end he still left a very generous tip.

Leave a comment:

• StephanieM
    replied
    I generally don't send anything back, or if I have, it is sent back and taken off the bill. I have worked in restaurants before, and I know what happens to food when it is sent back.

Leave a comment:

• luvs2eat
    replied
    Sometimes I have to! We are always super friendly to our waitperson cause I have such food issues... we laugh and tell 'em to pull up a chair so we can talk about the menu. Then I explain that I'm ordering, for example, a burger... but it can NOT be on a roll. If it comes out on a roll (it has before), I tell them I'll feel bad cause I'll have NO CHOICE but to send it back and have to ask for another to be cooked cause ya just can't take it off the roll. It can never TOUCH the roll.

Most waitstaff are really nice and we're really good tippers. If I think the waitperson doesn't "get" it... and trust me... some don't... I ask for the manager and tell them to pull up a chair. I had one manager come out to me in a mexican place and tell me that every thing I ordered was okay for me but that they wouldn't put sour cream on anything cause I couldn't have it! (don't ask ME why some companies put wheat flour in sour cream!)

Needless to say, we don't go out that often anymore and if we do, we tend to go back to the places where we've been treated well before.

Leave a comment:

• milkyway412
    replied
    Every place here knows who we are. My husband is known for good tipping and word spreads fast. They also know we demand good service and if there is a problem the tip lessens. I have yet to have a problem with something I have sent back. Most people are there to do their job right. Sometimes I want my steak done a little more than it is. It's not that the cook done anything wrong I am just that way. I will send it back with appologies and it will come back perfect. I had one time where a cook burnt it on accident and just cooked me a fresh steak. I told them I would have eaten it since I sent it back but they were really good about it. We are not nitpicky people either and pisses me off when there is some shmuck who complains left and right then leaves a dollar tip or no tip. We are nice and fair and had no problems sending it back.

Debbie

Leave a comment:

• JennyS
    replied
    No, I don't send anything back. I just make the most of it, and eat what I can. My DH is such a fast eater that by the time the wait staff got my meal back to me, he would have been finished and ready to go out the door 20 minutes ago.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger
    replied
    And you did not report such behavior, WHY?? (at least to the management, much less the Health Department). If we condone bad behavior because we are afraid of 'repercussions', we allow the 'bullies' to rule the world.

This is no different than the high school jock coming over and dumping the nerd's milk on his head and all the other kids laughing--except we, the patrons, are now the nerd.

Leave a comment:

• efue
    replied
    NO, don't ever do that! I have seen steaks come back and thrown on the floor of the kitchen and used as a skate and one other time thrown in the deep fryer to cook well done and many times Ive seen a steak used to clean the grill off after being sent back for not been cook to the right temp.

PS don't eat cold rolls you dont want to know where they've been

Leave a comment:

• LaurenB
    replied
    Originally posted by Ginger View Post
    If I have ordered something right off the menu and it is poorly cooked, yes, I ask to speak to a manager and politely explain my problem. Same when I have made a specific request (like no tomatoes on the salad). If I have asked for something really wierd and it didn't happen, then no, it was my bad, not theirs.

I refuse to believe that the few televised instances and the urban legends apply to ALL or even most, restaurants. I am polite, I do not denegrate, I am not loud about my complaint and I have never had a problem that could not be resolved. And I tip, no matter what the service was. 10% for poor, 15% for normal and 20% for exemplary.
    Wow. I could have written that! Me too!

Leave a comment:

• Ginger
    replied
    If I have ordered something right off the menu and it is poorly cooked, yes, I ask to speak to a manager and politely explain my problem. Same when I have made a specific request (like no tomatoes on the salad). If I have asked for something really wierd and it didn't happen, then no, it was my bad, not theirs.

I refuse to believe that the few televised instances and the urban legends apply to ALL or even most, restaurants. I am polite, I do not denegrate, I am not loud about my complaint and I have never had a problem that could not be resolved. And I tip, no matter what the service was. 10% for poor, 15% for normal and 20% for exemplary.

Leave a comment:

• TxRogue
    replied
    if i go there alot and know the people id send it back, but at a new place, no,id never go back

Leave a comment:

• Suwannee Terry
    replied
    No! and, YUK to what they might or can do to your food. Did you ever find yourself wondering if they wash their hands after going to the bathroom? I sure do.

Leave a comment:

• nuisance
    replied
    No, I'd rather not eat it and tell them it was bad, than send it back and have them do who knows what to it.

Leave a comment:

• jackibowen
    replied
    I always send it back

Leave a comment:

• wishingstar
    replied
    No!!! not after reading some things on a link someone posted here a long time ago but before that I did...yikes!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X