it wasnt good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it wasnt good

so dh went for the angiogram thing today on his legs. there is too much blockage, so now we wait for the doc to call and tell us when surgery is. they will do the left leg first, since that is the worse one. then after it gets heal time, the right one. on a good side, he has an appeal hearing for his unemployment in two weeks. i think with copies of the tests he was given, and the surgery coming up, the judge should realize that he didnt just "walk off the job" cause he wanted too.
    http://weatherpixie.com/index.php?&h...=AZ&place=KFFZ

i didnt loose it! ...........i sold it on ebay!

Good luck!!! Is there some way to get short term disablility while he's off his feet? I know people do it all the time, but I have no idea how they go about it.

Comment

I am keeping you both in my prayers that he gets the unemployment reinstated if not (which I seriously highly doubt) appeal it! this is medical so I am sure it is just a matter of time hang in there glad he is at least getting surgery so he can be on the mend and in the long run get a job and not be in pain AND be able to keep it. my hubby is stubborn limps all the time and wont go have any test done ....hugs and keep us posted!!

Comment

Oh sweetie (((BIG HUGS))) at least you know what you are dealing with now. It does sound like PAD to me, (periferal artery disease) and it is great that it was caught now.
        Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
          Oh sweetie (((BIG HUGS))) at least you know what you are dealing with now. It does sound like PAD to me, (periferal artery disease) and it is great that it was caught now.
          yah that is what the docs call it. and he will have periferal artery surgery. do u know how long the down time is for that?

Comment

Chop, seems you are going threw some hard times. At least you know and how to fix it. Hope he recovers fast. Keep you in my prayers. Just keep strong.

Comment

Sorry Chop, I don't really know. SIL's grandmother has it. She refused to go to a Dr. even though she had a sore on her leg that wouldn't heal, she also refused to give up smoking. She ended up needing emergency surgery a couple of years ago, and had such a bad scare that she did stop smoking--for a while. Things were looking good for about a year, then she started smoking again and the problems came back. Dr. refused to do the second graft because she wouldn't/couldn't give up the coffin nails.

But she is in her mid-70's. Your DH is much younger and is in much better health overall than she was. He's just got to follow Dr.'s orders pre and post op.
              Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Hope your dh gets to feeling better soon, and the job issues get straightened out.

Comment

(((hugs))) this too shall pass! I hope DH can take advantage of some short term disability!!
                  "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I don't know what to say Chop. I hope all will go well with his surgeries. ((( Chop )))

Comment

Prayers sent from this end of Florida for you and a huge cyber HHHUUUGGG for you. We'll keep you in our prayers and ask you keep us updated.

Comment

thx for the hugs, prayers and support! i really need it right now. dh asked last nite why i had to post about him. he doesnt realize how much we all rely on each other i guess. i can come here, and talk to u guys and cry at the same time without being told it is silly to cry.

so i spent the morning writing the appeal letter for unemployment, then making copies and faxing etc. his "court date" is may 28th......on the phone thank goodness. i even sent the judge info on his disease that i got off med websites. hope i didnt over do it lol.

his first surgery is going to be june 3. they will do the left leg then and he will spend the nite at the hospital. not sure when they will do the right one yet. guess it depends on how fast he heals with the left. his sister had something like this done, but they did both legs at the same time and she had to stay in the hospital for 10 days. i cant see him being there that long without the nurses keeping him comatose so that he would be quiet! lol. and this will work well since i go on vacation on june 1.

Comment

Wishing him all the best and speedy and painless recovery. I agree with Nu, to check into short term disability. There'd be no reason he should get denied.

Comment

we are going tues to access....which is the pc for welfare lol. they can issue cash bennies or food stamps or both. willing to take either right now.

Comment

You deserve all the help you can get. That is what it is there for.

Prayers are with you and your family. You get all of the people on here praying together and miracles happen. I saw one with my son. Good things will happen.

You know we are all here for you anytime!!!!! Crying is a good thing. It helps you release all of your fears.
                              DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

Working...
                              X