Coffee carafe - all steel v. glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee carafe - all steel v. glass

When I went to look at coffee makers, I see one that's all steel (not see through). I wonder if it keeps the coffee hotter than a glass one.

Anybody ?
    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

I have had both, steel and glass, I could tell no difference in keeping the coffee hot. Personally I prefer glass. The steel ? caraffe I had was from Gevalia coffee, the glass I have no is a Mr. coffee. Which is cheaper and I much prefer it.

Comment

You know what? Less of a chance that I'll break steel, right ? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chocolate Moose View Post
        Yes, that is probably true. LOL I didn't like the top of the steel carafe, it had a scew on top, and when you wanted to pour coffee you had to make like half a turn to open the thing, well, that never worked right. So I would just take the top completely off, and pour. Well, that worked, but SO never screwed the top on tight and I cannot tell you how often the top fell off. then the top started to leak even when it was on tight. Needless to say I dumped the pot and went back to my Mr. coffee.
        Of course this all could also have been " operator" error, if you know what I mean. LMAO

Comment

Sabine, what brand is that?

Comment

Sabine, what brand is that?
            The " steel" carafe was a 12 cup Gevalia coffee maker. SO's brother got that one for us, because he hated our Mr. Coffee when he came to visit. But the Gevalia wasn't much better. Now Gevalia probably has different models. I don't remember which model it was.

Comment

I had a real nice Mr Coffee steel one it worked great. Kept the coffee hot for a long time. You pushed a little button to pour the coffee after it made and just unscrewed it like 1/4 of a turn to take it off to wash it. But then I got hooked on the French Press and gave it away.

Huffle
              God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

I think the steel one I saw was either a Black and Decker or another name brand.

Comment

I have a Bunn with the stainless steel carafe. I've had the glass and really prefer the S.S. one. It doesn't have a "warmer" it just sits on the coffee maker. It does keep the coffee hot a little over two hours with out getting a bitter taste. I've read somwhere that"air" makes the coffee bitter. This carafe does not.
                  I organize chores into catagories.
                  Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

Working...
                  X