Chantix users...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chantix users...

I have a question for you. When did you know that you could stop using it? My dr. gave me the prescription for 2 months. I'm done with the first month (no smoking for 3 weeks!!!). I'm trying to decide if I should stay on the meds for another month. I say I probably should because I think it builds up in your system to help you, and I certainly don't want to come crashing down and smoke! Dh says he doesn't need another month (read this as....I haven't smoked why should I spend another $130 for meds! LOL). So, how did you know it was ok for you to stop on the meds, and once you were off the meds, were the cravings harder? Thanks!!

Take it for the whole 3 months! I took it for one month and found it so successful, I didn't take the other 2 months, never mind the second 3 months most docs will prescribe if you need it.

Yep... I fell off the wagon 3 months later and now have another prescription for Chantix that I plan to use for the ENTIRE 3 months and for another 3 if I think I need it!!!

I'm an ass.
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

See, that's what I was worried about. I'm going to get the maint. pack prescription filled tomorrow. I'm not taking any chances! Go get yours and we'll be in this together!!The drug has really worked amazingly well for me, so far.

You're not an ass, dh & I were both thinking the same as you. We felt good, so why spend the $$ for more drugs! Then I started reading about how it builds up in your system, etc, and figured I didn't want my 'reserves' to get low, cause I'd for sure start smoking again.

Comment

I used it and did the first whole prescription. I quit last August and haven't had one since. I swear by Chantix. I still have a want for one every now and then and I have figured out that I have triggers. I just say to myself "hey idiot you don't smoke anymore" and go on my merry way!

You both can do it. Hang in there and take it one day at a time
        Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Chantix

I am so glad to hear someone talk about Chantix. My doc gave me the prescription and I filled it -- but there it sits for 2 weeks. I was scared to start taking it because of all the side effects. Maybe I'll start tomorrow!

Comment

The one and only side effect I had was some pretty cool dreams the first week. After that I had no side effects at all. Just remember with side effects they have to put them in even if just one person says they have experienced it.
            Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

the only side effect I had was an upset tummy IF I didn't eat when taking it. As long as I ate, no problems. I was kinda looking forward to some cool dreams (haven't had any of those since pregnancy), but no such luck! LOL Don't be afraid to start the pills....I hesitated too, I don't think I was worried about the side effects as much as I was thinking about a lifestyle change. Come on, Bea, pop a pill (after you eat a little something!)! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Comment

I am still taking Chantix seven months ave quitting.

Comment

i tried wellbutrin, took a week for it to kick in and it worked good for three days, then i was smoking again, guess ill try chantix

Comment

So, no one has experienced any bad side effects? My Mom had hers filled but then was afraid to take it. She offered the meds to me, but then was too scared for ME to take it!! I want to check into it, but now she has ME scared!!

So, no scary nightmares? No one has killed anyone in a murderous rage? Nothing bad like that?? I would love to take Mom's as it would save me lots of $$ ! But, I need some reassurances first! I mean, I don't want to snap and go on a killing spree, or have Freddy Kreuger visit me at night!
                    Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Come on, Lauren, join the group! DH had no side effects at all, and like I said above, none for me as long as I eat a little something with the pill (but, I'm like that with every medication that I take). This little pill has really been a miracle drug as far as we're concerned. I only had 1 day in the past 3.5 weeks that I really craved a smoke. Dh doesn't crave the nicotine, but he's more addicted to the habit of having it in his mouth, so he's been using sunflower seeds to keep himself busy.

Comment

I just had the script filled and was reading the instructions. I was coming up with excuses to put off the starting date. I have smoked for over 40 years, and am really afraid to commit to this-I don't want to fail...

Comment

Come on, Julie! None of us want to fail, that's why we're going to succeed!! LOL Even if you smoke just one less ciggy you'll be better off. I took the meds for the first week (you smoke this week) and by the time I was done with that week, I didn't think there was any way the meds were going to help me. I didn't want a smoke any less than before. But about midweek into my 2nd week the meds really started kicking in. It's only been 3 weeks and I can't even imagine myself lighting up. Give it a try, if it doesn't work for you, at least you know.

Comment

7 1/2 months smoke free due to Chantix. It's a miracle drug to mr.

Comment

Chantix

I'm with you, Julie. Been smoking since I was 16. I know it's not good for me but (and I hate to say this)...I love to smoke! But when I get home from work, I'll take the pill... it's nice to have a support network here!

Comment

Working...
                              X