Holy Crap! Our water bill!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Crap! Our water bill!

I don't know what you guys pay but, this bill was our largest EVER! $200. We are not yet hooked up to sewers, we have a filter bed but, need to be on sewers by March, which means our water bill will double. We are billed every 3 months. I'm seriously thinking on buying a front load washer which uses 15 gallons of water compared to 40 for a top load washer. If you have a front load washer, have noticed a decrease on your utility bills?
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

I can't say that I have noticed a difference, because we bought a front loaderwhen we moved to a property that has a septic and a well. I loved it!! It uses sooooo much less water and my wash is just as clean. If you decide to change, I would suggest that you go with a Kenmore or Maytag. I actually downsized to a (HomeDepot) brand and gave my 5 year old Kenmore front loader washer to my DD. BIG BIG regrets....
    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

My water bill is a set price each month at $52.01... No word if ever we'll be metered.

Comment

Ours runs between $485 and $500 for three months.

Comment

Those prices astound me. I think you may need to check around your house to make sure that you don't have any leaks in the faucets and toilets and make sure that neighbors are not using your water when you aren't looking. How in the world can someone use that much water? How many gallons is that?
          Last edited by AllieK; 05-18-2008, 12:00 AM.

Comment

I am just in shock at what some of you guys are paying! My water/sewer bill has never been over $40 per month, and most of the time its between $25-$30! I have a top-loading washer, and I have some large gardens that I water regularly, and I top off the koi ponds with the hose for about 1/2 hour each week. Why on earth would it be so expensive for the rest of you??

Comment

Originally posted by cottun View Post
              I am just in shock at what some of you guys are paying! My water/sewer bill has never been over $40 per month, and most of the time its between $25-$30! I have a top-loading washer, and I have some large gardens that I water regularly, and I top off the koi ponds with the hose for about 1/2 hour each week. Why on earth would it be so expensive for the rest of you??

All of the above for me too except No Koi Ponds. I do a lot of watering in the summer outside and it still never tops 50.00 a month, winter it is around 37.00 a month.
              I could never afford those prices. Unbelieveable!!!

Comment

3 people in the house plus drip system 3 times a week to water scrubs, it's $65 a month so 3 months is $195. Mudderbear, you got some real clean kids in your house or something is going on there. It's not the water bill that scares me, in Az. it's the electric bill. Yikes!!!! that a/c has been on since March & this weekend we are headed for the triple digits. Every yr. that electric co. raises those rates. I wish we had competition with another electric co. It is just crazy and we are at their mercy.

Comment

WOW! thats really expensive for water. I pay between $30-$50.00 a month, no sewer, I have septic tank.Now electric scares me too. Last summer during the triple digit weather our bill was $456.00 one month and the next one was $426.00.Thankfully we went on a budgit plan and I had to pay $333.00 now I'm caught up and $4.00 to the good
                  I organize chores into catagories.
                  Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

Water is, by far, our cheapest utility. Never over $19.50 a month.

Comment

Wow is what I say to some of these bills. I have a home thats 1900sqft, there are 5 of us. My bill is for 2mo and has never gone over $100. We have a 700gal spa and even when we refill that, we never go over $100. I use my dishwasher everyday, my teens shower sometimes 2x daily, and I wash at least a load of laundry daily. I am hooked to city water and pay sewer service and my trash pickup is included on the water bill....runs about $40-50/mo. Looks like I get a bargain.

Comment

YIKES!!!

In Baltimore Co., MD water is cheap. The most I pay every 3 months is $20. Of course, I live alone which makes a big difference, but even with family home it probably wouldn't run but $50 every 3 months. Baltimore City water bills are sky high, and I don't know about the other counties.

Comment

We just got our latest water bill yesterday, that includes sewer and garbage pick up fee, $ 42.00. We are billed monthly. But it always goes higher during june, july, august when we get temps in the 90's + , and have to water more. Especially if we don't have much rain, which is most of the time.

Comment

Mine is $50-$60 every month. I say we're the cleanest or dirtiest people, because we don't water the lawn, or was the vehicles at home. just showers, drinking/cooking and washing clothes.
                            One year we were in a water shortage, if you went over a certain amount you paid extra for the amount you went over. We were on vacation, out of state for 10 days, the water bill that month was $300!!!! City looked for leaks, wasn't one, they double checked meter, it was working. Only thing we could think of is someone "stole" water from us. There are alot of people who live in the country around here that have to haul their drinking/cooking water. We don't live that far from the place they fill up. It's a small town, someone knew we were out of town and helped themselves is all we could think of. Had to pay it. OUCH!

Comment

Our water, sewer and trash & recycling bill is $68 a month. We use on average 4,000 gal of water a month. Our sewer rate is triple the water rate otherwise bill would be much lower. Trash and recycle is $9.95 per month and included in the water-sewer bill. Even in the summer with running the lawn sprinkler system our bill is never over $150, if that. We do get reduced sewer rate from June 1 thru Sept 1. We have mandatory water restriction every year stating May 15 thru Sept 15. I can only do outdoor watering every other day. No biggy. Sprinkler is on auto and knows what day and time to kick on and can be turned off if not needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X