Good Lord, get a life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Lord, get a life

They print "Scanner Traffic" (police calls) in the local paper, here's one of the calls:

11:39 a.m. Motorist reports that another driver still is driving with studded snow tires.

Would you call 911 over something like that?

I certainly would not. I wouldn't call at all, anybody. LOL Who cares????

Comment

This may sound very dumb ....... .... but, having lived in Florida since I was eleven, could (would) these tires hurt the pavement in spring weather conditions?

Comment

I live in Phoenix, AZ so I cannot answer that question 100% accurately. But, I think that snow tires can damage the asphalt because they are designed to dig into the ice which means in dry weather they are digging into the asphalt.
        I know I wouldn't call 911 over that because I've seen people do that before. At most I'd call the NON EMERGENCY police line.
        I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.

Comment

That person needs a life... Or rather a lesson from the 911 supervisor as to what is an emergency and what is not...

Comment

Just ironic to me that the guy driving down the road talking on his cell phone is more of a menace than the guy driving with snow tires on. Some people that live out of town in the higher elevations still have snow on the ground.

Comment

Yes, those tires do hurt the pavement....costing taxpayers lots of money. My dd lived in Alaska last year and they had to remove the studded tires when the weather warmed up.

Comment

Working...
              X