Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many words do you get from...

"BrownField"?

Dispite all the "DRAMA" surronding my troop...I am still having my regualr meeting today, and I plan on teaching the girls about "Brownfields"...abandoned bldgs and gas stations that can be re-furbished.
    I have a word search for them to do, and I am handing out cameras and notepads from the dollar store for them to complete the project over the sumer...but I thought to add a little extra POP by doing a "How many words can you find" puzzle. I came up with these so far:

Brown, field, old, new, own, led, fond, life, won, now, down, frown, den, fled, find, fine

Am I missing any? Can you find any more?

bled, fold, brow, bone, rib, lid, lone, fib, dine, line, bind, win, wind, went, bent, elf

Comment

here is a few more: done, win, rind, wind,low, dent, lent, town, went, drown, nod, node, wife, wed, die, lie,

Comment

bore, bores, bored, bow, bows, brow, brows, bile, bowl, bowls, bowler, bowlers few frown frowns fiend fiends friend friends for fire fires down drown drowns
        DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

Here are a few..sorry if there are repeats:
          frowned, brown, browned, leif, life, slowed, blown, flown, flower/s, brew/s, frowse, wolfed, wolf, world/s, broiled, broil/s

Comment

bird, bend, bond, done, or, in, bin, wine, red, bed, nile, row, sow, side, led, send, sent, sew, swine, brine

sure can make lots of words out of brown fields

Comment

Originally posted by jackibowen View Post
              bird, bend, bond, done, or, in, bin, wine, red, bed, nile, row, sow, side, led, send, sent, sew, swine, brine

sure can make lots of words out of brown fields
              Which is good, makes it a bit easier for the little girls.

Comment

You guys pretty much covered it, except you forgot...weld.

Comment

Was there supposed to be an "S"?

Here's a few I didn't see:
                  lion, loin, ire, bin, lien, bow, doe, bid, born, deb, bond, deli, lei, wen, end dole, fowl, owl, dowel, owned, dew, don

This is fun! Hope your girls think so, too!

Comment

WOW!
                    Thanks everyone!!!!! You guys came up with SOOOOO many words for me!!! I wrote em all down before I left and I have to say I'm proud of my little 3rd graders...they got on average about 20 words each!!! I only had 16...but YOU PEEPS... WOW!!!

Thanks...and this was fun!

Comment

Working...
                    X