McDonalds complaint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonalds complaint

Well when we were on vacation-went to the drive-in at McDonalds to get 2 unsweetened ice teas- they had a big sign on the drive thru sign saying that sweet tea was $1.00. Well they told me that my total was like $3.00. I asked why-they told me only sweet tea was $1-not unsweetened. Is sugar no cost to McDonalds now-seems to me that they would like everyone to get unsweetened-I don't even use Splenda-pink stuff or anything in my tea. I told them to cancel the order and went to the nearest gas station and got my tea. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest!!

That's crazy, sweet tea is $ 1.00 and unsweetened is $1.50 ??????/ Makes no sense

Comment

They had a special on one product, not both. What's the big deal? You don't get a sale price on Milky Ways if only Mars Bars are on sale. It's called a PROMOTION.
      www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

That does seem a bit ridiculous! You would think unsweetened would be a buck every day!! No promotion needed. That is why I get mine from QuikTrip
        Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Our local McDonald's are a little more savvy. All large drinks are 1 dollar, then again all small drinks are a dollar too. McDonald's are franchises, and I am sure sometimes they try to think for themselves which could either be good or bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy View Post
            That does seem a bit ridiculous! You would think unsweetened would be a buck every day!! No promotion needed. That is why I get mine from QuikTrip
            Thanks Cindy, that was my point.

Comment

Something similar happened to me at Jack in the Box.. Their tacos are 2 for 99 cents. I drove thru and ordered 1, thinking it would be 50 cents. No deal, they charged me 79 cents + tax for 1.. Their answer was the "special" is 2 for 99cents. 1 is regular price.
              So I ordered 2 and gave the other one away to a homeless looking person standing on the sidewalk.

Comment

Tea Is Teas, Sweet Or Not I Wouldn't Have Paid The Extra For The Unsweet.

Comment

promo or not...I think it's just plain wrong.
                  They (Big corp America) should REALLY sit down with the advertisers and go over prices!

Comment

Maybe they needed to promote the sweet tea because it wasn't selling ? Otherwise you would think the sweet tea would cost more, because they have to figure in the cost of sugar. But hey, what do I know, I don't have a degree in marketing.. LOL

Comment

good point. So your saying it's the law of supply and demand...hmmmmm

Comment

I went to McDonalds the other day and ordered 2 Big & Tasty (the large size) value meals. When it came time for drinks, I ordered one PowerAid (at $1.69) and the other a sweet tea. They charged me the $1 for sweet tea, but $1.69 for the other drink. Strange.

Comment

The Sweet Tea Is A New Item In Our Area, They Are Promoting The New Product For A Dollar. I Have Gone To A Couple Different Mcdonalds, And It Depends On The Location What I Am Charged For My Unsweetened Tea. With All The Sings Saying Sweet Tea For A Dollar, I Don't Expect To Get My Unsweet Tea For That Price--but When I Do I Am Pleasingly Suprised.
                          SHEL

Comment

DS went thru the drive-thru shortly before closing one night last week......ordered a large coffee with 2 creamers and a BigMac.....started down the street and discovered there was no creamer in his coffee so he went back......they gave him another one....drove off and got out his hamburger - and there was NO MEAT on it! He just kept on driving. He said that while he was in the line waiting (and waiting and waiting) for his food, there was a guy in the lobby carrying a puppy in his arms and all the employees were petting it....that's probably where his hamburger meat went - one of the kids gave it to the pup! Obviously the manager was gone for the night.......

Comment

Promotion or not, It was stupid. Most people would agree with that
                              DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

Working...
                              X