Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you deal with jerks in real life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you deal with jerks in real life?

Usually I avoid them. But what if they are family or a client or someone you can't avoid?

avoid when possible, and just be civil when not possible to avoid. I have a brother that's an as.. well anyway, my sister and I wouldn't walk across the street to pee on him if he was on fire. If he's at a family get together, we're civil, but we never initiate conversation, never phone him, and just avoid him when possible.

Comment

I agree with Nu, avoid if all possible. Be civil if you have to be around him / her.

Comment

avoid them with possible and when I "have" to be around them...act as if nothing is wrong. Not many people can tell when I dislike someone. I don't let anyone dictate how I act.

Comment

Avoid as much as you can, but if it gets to the point where you are losing it, excuse yourself for being uncomfortable. Tell them it's your problem, and you just need to back away.

Comment

I divorced him.. But in your case, just ignore them as much as possible.

Comment

i tell them they are an ass, or stupid, or whatever the case may be and they usually avoid me.

Comment

I talk to myself and thank God I don't have to go home with it or sleep with it.

Comment

Originally posted by janabanana View Post
                  I divorced him.. But in your case, just ignore them as much as possible.

I also try to ignore, but if I must be around them, I just grin and bear it and be as civil as possible. No Jerk is worth me stooping down to their level... Besides, sh*tty sweet usually irritates more than obvious disgust..
                  Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by janabanana View Post
                    I divorced him.
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                    What she said!!!

Huffle
                    God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

Yes, they are always around us no matter how much we try to ingore them. The family ones are the worse. Like a bad penny they keep popping up. We all have them.

Comment

It's unfortunate that we all have "jerks" in our life! I agree with others... I avoid and just ignore them

Comment

Originally posted by TxRogue View Post
                          i tell them they are an ass, or stupid, or whatever the case may be and they usually avoid me.
                          this is what I generally do the only ones I avoid are the ones I like the SO of or I like the kids of. Plus those who's kids go to the school I work at.
                          ""Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.""

Comment

Working...
                          X