I'm done with Tyler Florence recipes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm done with Tyler Florence recipes!

Tonight I made his Dad's Meatloaf. I did everything to the letter. Then it said put the meat on a cookie sheet and shape into a log 9" long and 4" wide. A log????? The meat was so mushy I put tin foil on the cookie sheet, shaped my LOG, then wrapped the tin foil around it and made 3 little tin foil belts to tie around it and hold it together. It was tasty enough, but this is what my DH saw when he came home (he told me I HAD to take a pic!). No more Tyler!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/tastebud/20080520_1631.jpg

I wonder why you couldn't have put it in a Loaf Pan? If it was tasty enough, and y'all enjoyed it, I think I would just put it in a loaf pan next time.
    Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I wonder why his turned out and not yours? But have to say, it looks good to me !

Comment

I've made plenty of meatloafs and this one probably would've fallen apart taking it out of a loaf pan.

Comment

did it taste good?

Comment

Got to remember different parts of the country are more humid, or dryer or whatever that can cause things to turn out differently. That may be what happened.

Debbie
            Never regret something because at one point it was exactly what you wanted!

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of Tyler cause it seems to me he uses way too much EVOO and other fats. They may be Ultimate recipes but I think the "ultimate" might be a heart attack!!
              "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

OMG, that picture cracked me up. Looks like a cockroach. lol

Comment

I have not made his meatloaf, but it's not unusual to bake the meatloaf on a cookie sheet. I have seen other chef's do it, Sara Moulton, Ina Garten.
                  It's just the two of us and I don't make one big meatloaf, we wouldn't eat it. So I make two small ones out of 1 pound of meat and I bake them on a cookie sheet. They come out just fine. We eat one, freeze the other.

Comment

Tastebud, If Your Done With Him, Can I Have Him??? Just Sprinkle Him With A Little Cinnamon And Sugar And I'll Be Happy!!!!

Comment

I make meatloaf w/out a loaf pan all the time. My family loves the crust. I don't use anyone's recipe...you just want to be sure its not too loose and wet. I use 3lbs ground beef with 2 eggs, 1C seasoned breadcrumbs and probably about 1/3C of wet stuff (A1, ketchup, mustard, worchestershire) It holds together very well, never a problem.

Comment

Never met a meatloaf I didnt like, regardless of what it looked like. In Sicily, a relative made her meatloaves with whole hard-boiled eggs cooked in the center of them, and even tho it was interesting-looking when it was sliced, I thought "Ughhh! Meatloaf with boiled egg!". But it was great!

Comment

LMAO Ang, I was thinking it looked like a bug too!!!

If you guys liked it that is all that matters
                          Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cottun View Post
                            Never met a meatloaf I didnt like, regardless of what it looked like. In Sicily, a relative made her meatloaves with whole hard-boiled eggs cooked in the center of them, and even tho it was interesting-looking when it was sliced, I thought "Ughhh! Meatloaf with boiled egg!". But it was great!
                            That's exactly how my mother made her meatloaf, with an egg inside, well more like two or three, depending on how big a meatloaf it was.
                            I don't do it, I am not a fan of hardboiled eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
                              Tastebud, If Your Done With Him, Can I Have Him??? Just Sprinkle Him With A Little Cinnamon And Sugar And I'll Be Happy!!!!
                              OMG, you are still thinking about Tyler.......wonder what he is fixing today?

Comment

Working...
                              X