Update on Miss Eartha Katt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Miss Eartha Katt

I am so pleased to report this morning she actually ate a little very wet canned food, and tried to purr. She is definitely feeling better and I have an appointment with her regular Vet for the followup treatment. Still haven't heard from the Vet from Monday about the lab analysis so after all this, I don't have a diagnosis or course of treatment.

Allie, how is Oreo? I think about her so many times a day. I've heard that small or baby rattlers are more dangerous to pets and humans because their venom is concentrated --- do you know if that's true?

And thanks to you all for your loving thoughts and prayers. Yes, pets ARE family. Taking E through this crisis felt the same way as when I my children were sick; sleepless nights, sadness, worry, feeling of helplessness not knowing what's wrong. This morning I'm feeling very hopeful about Earth's progress, lab report or no lab report.

glad to hear your baby is doing better. wanting to eat is always a good sign to me.

Originally posted by Eartha View Post
    I've heard that small or baby rattlers are more dangerous to pets and humans because their venom is concentrated --- do you know if that's true?
    it isnt more concentrated. actually they have just as much venom as a full grown. they just dont know how to release just a little or a lot at that stage.....so they release it all. at least this is what i have heard from the tv shows i have watched.
    http://weatherpixie.com/index.php?&h...=AZ&place=KFFZ

i didnt loose it! ...........i sold it on ebay!

Comment

I'm so glad she's doing a little better! I know your heart is much lighter! Please keep us updated on her!

Comment

I am glad that she is doing better thx for keeping us updated.

Comment

YEA! I am so glad that she is feeling better. I will continue to keep her in my prayers
          Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oreo is doing great. thanks for asking. She sufferend no ill effects other than a swollen face, which went down to normal by the next morning.

Comment

When my furbabies aren't eating well I feed them by finger and holding them. The comfort of being held will sometimes get them to eat a little.

Cats are not animals that can starve - they can develop serious health problems if they don't eat (aside from starvation that is).

On occasion I have even assist fed one of mine using very wet cat food and a plastic syringe. Put the tip of the syringe (no needle obviously) into the side of the mouth and squeeze a little in. Let the cat swallow and then put in a little more

Comment

I'm glad to hear that Miss Eartha Katt is feeling better. I hope her improvement continues.
                Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

Working...
                X