Dumb question- Food Processors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb question- Food Processors

I am thinking of getting a food processor-just a Black and Decker-nothing expensive. Are their any advantages of owning one vs. a regular old blender? Thanks in advance!

I Like My Food Processor Better Than My Blender, You Can Do Dough's In The Processor Where You Can't In The Blender, (or I've Never Tried! Lol). The To Me You Get Different Textures, It's Hard To Explain. Go To A Friends House With A Food processor With A Bunch Of Veggies/cheeses/meats Whatever And Play! Lol

Comment

I Use My Blender Only For Blending/chopping/mixing Things That Are More Liquidy, The Food Processor Will Leak If Too Much Liquid.

Comment

You can grate cheeses, etc with a food processor. You can slice carrots, celery, other hard veggies with a food processor

Comment

My blender came w/processor attatchment and its super handy all I ever use!

Comment

I had one about 20 years ago but got rid of it because when I chopped vegetables in it they would come out liquidy. Maybe it was a cheap one or they have improved.

Comment

You Have To "pulse" The Veggies. Just Put The On Button In Pulses For A Few Times Until Desired Texture. It Can And Will Get Puree'd Real Quick If Just Turned On.

Comment

Just Come On Over This Weekend And We'll Play, I Have 3 Food Processors, A 3 Cup, 7 Cup And 11 Cup. Dil Got My 1 Cup One Or I'd Have 4! Lol

Comment

I always thought a blender was for mixing liquids ?? Like Margaritas LOL
                  I had a blender many years ago, never used it and gave it to my daughter. Not sure if she even still has it ??

Comment

Nuisance, I'll be taking a road trip from Georgia for my food processing lessons. I use to live in Dallas!

Comment

Fly into Dallas, I'll come getchya!!!

Comment

Yee Ha! Here I come!

Comment

I got my first food processor for Christmas this year - I asked for one because of jobs that I dont trust a blender to do - like chop up all those oreos to make Oreo balls! I always considered the blender for more "liquidy" jobs too. Cant wait to try the food processor! I've been craving chicken liver pate for a while now and I learned the hard way that you cant crush them up in a blender! Being that I've never used the food processor yet, I forget that I have it!

Comment

Working...
                          X