skins on or peeled?

Skins on...

next

Peels On If Marinating With Onions In Vinegar
    But If In A Salad I Peel Them.

Comment

Only as a dill pickle - otherwise yuck

Comment

I used to always peel but not anymore I always wash and leave the skin on.

Comment

I only buy the english or hot house cucumbers, they are those long ones wrapped in plastic. The reason I buy those is that they don't have seeds. And Yes, I peel them, always

Comment

Same as Nu - skins on if marinated. But for salads, I do half & half - I make stripes down the cuke with a vegetable peeler, so theres some skin on them for crunch and roughage.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
              I only buy the english or hot house cucumbers, they are those long ones wrapped in plastic. The reason I buy those is that they don't have seeds. And Yes, I peel them, always

Same here english cukes are the only way to go!!!

Comment

I really like cucumbers. I have a recipe for cucumber with sliced red onions in a sour cream dressing. Lately I been mixing cucumbers with tomatoes and feta cheese, in a oil / vinegar dressing, sometimes I also put black olives in it. So good. A change from the green salads.

Comment

Sabine, could you please post the recipe for the cuke/red onion/sour cream salad? Sounds like something I need to try!

Comment

If I am using an english cucumber, then I leave the skin on. If I am using a regular (with seeds) cuic, I peel it.
                    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

You Know I Have To Say A Comment About Cucumbers!!! Lol

Remember The Movie, "don't Tell Mom The Babysitters Dead"?

The Boss Tells Christina Applegates Character "all Girls Over The Age Of 25 Should Keep At Least One Cucumber In The House!" Lol

Comment

I must be an enviromentalist or something...I am so afraid of all those perstacides that I wash them...then peel them

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
                          Y"all Girls Over The Age Of 25 Should Keep At Least One Cucumber In The House!" Lol

Whats your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Sewcute View Post
                            Whats your point?

IT WAS JUST A MOVIE, JUST QUOTING IT, NEVER UNDERSTOOD IT, THOUGHT YA'LL MIGHT!

Comment

You Know I Have To Say A Comment About Cucumbers!!! Lol

Remember The Movie, "don't Tell Mom The Babysitters Dead"?

The Boss Tells Christina Applegates Character "all Girls Over The Age Of 25 Should Keep At Least One Cucumber In The House!" Lol
                              IT WAS JUST A MOVIE, JUST QUOTING IT, NEVER UNDERSTOOD IT, THOUGHT YA'LL MIGHT!
                              I thought you were the Advisor for that part of the movie Nu. I thought I saw your name in the credits under Cucumber Lady Nuisance. Maybe I was wrong but....

Huffle
                              God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X