Baked Potatos..how long will they keep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baked Potatos..how long will they keep

In the refrigerator and still be good? Since its getting so warm out, I want to cut back on using the oven so much cos it heats up the kitchen. So if I throw some baked potatos into the oven only when I'm baking something else, how long can I keep them in the fridge until ready to eat them?

I Don't Know, But I Brought Probably 20 Leftover Whole Ones Home From Work Once, With Intentions To Make Twice Baked Potatos For Upcoming Holiday. I Put Them In A Ziplock Baggie Threw Them In The Freezer. Day Before Holiday, I Took Them Out, And When They Defrosted They Were A Soggy Mess!!!.

So Another Question, Now That I Have A Food Saver Can You Freeze A Baked Potato That Way?

(sorry To Hijack)

No I'm Not!! Lol

Comment

baked potatoes

I have made the twice baked potatoes and frozen the extra and had no problems with them being soggy. I froze them in a foil pan, put foil on top and after defrosting them-removed the top foil and baked them.

Comment

I Froze Mine Whole, Before I Made The Twiced Baked.

Comment

Cotton, I'd say they'd keep 4-5 days in the fridge wrapped tight in foil.

Comment

Also, you can nuke them 4 minutes and bake just 20 minutes instead of so long.
            www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

I hate to confess but I hate some boiled potatoes last night that came back as fried potatoes. They were boiled over a week ago.

Comment

I understand not wanting to heat up the kitchen in the summer. So I just do mine in the microwave in the summer time. By the time you put your toppings on, you can't tell they were nuked. LOL

Comment

they will keep long enough for me to eat them.

Comment

I'm the worlds worst potato-nuker. I dont know what I do wrong, but if I get them done in the middle, mine come out with hard crunchy hunks in the outside of them, and by the time I cut them out, theres hardly any potato left. Stephanie, my grandmother owned a diner and thats how they always made their homefries - she would boil enough potatos to last about a week and keep them refrigerated, then when folks ordered homefries, she would slice them up and deep-fry them.

Comment

Cottun, try poking the potatoes in several places, with a fork or even just the end of a sharp knife. Nuke 2 minutes, turn them over (be sure to wear an oven mitt--those suckers can be hot) and then nuke for another 2. Then I cut them in half, drizzle with a little oil and bake in my toaster oven until crisp. Hate soggy baked potatoes.

Handiest thing in the world. My toaster oven is big enough to hold a 6x8 inch pan.
                      Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

how about making a baked potato soup

Comment

Working...
                        X