Reading anything good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading anything good?

I haven't been on the board much as I adopted 2 kittens (brother & sister) a couple weeks ago. They're keeping me busy! See the attached pic (Big Papi on the left & Cosmo on the right)

Are you reading anything good? I'm almost finished reading "Beginner's Greek: A Novel" by James Collins and am looking for some ideas for my next read
    Attached Files
    Moderation. Small helpings. Sample a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health. ~ Julia Child

Just read Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. It was great! Now I'm reading Secret Life of Bees.

Comment

Cute kitties!!

I am currently reading American Gangster. Didn't see the movie. Also reading Marley and Me. I am reading American Gangster at work at lunch time, and Marley and Me at home! I don't usually read two books at once, but I kinda started them both and got hooked! Loved Secret Life of Bees.

Has anyone read The Mermaid Chair? I enjoyed Secret Life of Bees, and am wondering if her second book was any good...
      Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Ohhhhhhh, Marley & Me is one of my favorites! Be sure to have plenty of Kleenex ready
        Moderation. Small helpings. Sample a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health. ~ Julia Child

Comment

I've heard from several people that The Mermaid Chair is not good.

Comment

Love the new babies!!!

I am reading Pillars of the Earth - actually listening - Very interesting.

Last books -

Someone knows my name - Lawrence Hill (I loved it and highly recommend!)

Change of Heart - Jodi Picoult (1st book I've read..).. it was ok.
            Tessa

Comment

Originally posted by sushi View Post
              I've heard from several people that The Mermaid Chair is not good.
              I was afraid of that. Something just kept me from buying it. Glad I didn't!!

I have had Marley and Me for a long time. Was afraid to read it. I have 3 dogs. My "girls". Candy, our Golden Retriever, Cookie, our Yorkie, and Cali our "60 lb puppy" that is a Yellow Lab...

Not sure if I will be able to finish if it starts getting sad!
              Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Ohhhhh Lauren..... Just make sure you have kleenex with you. I hate to say, that I don't think I could watch the movie coming out soon.. I have NEVER cried reading a book, until this one.. And my Lab is yellow too. Don't get me wrong, 3/4 of the book is hysterical !

Comment

Cute kitties! I'll take the one on the right. I haven't been reading much. Having a hard time staying focused. I've been doing crossword puzzles daily and that's about all I "read." Pathetic, I know...

Comment

Originally posted by janabanana View Post
                    Ohhhhh Lauren..... Just make sure you have kleenex with you. I hate to say, that I don't think I could watch the movie coming out soon.. I have NEVER cried reading a book, until this one.. And my Lab is yellow too. Don't get me wrong, 3/4 of the book is hysterical !
                    OH NO!!! I was afraid of that!!! I am SO emotional anyway,........So, did you cry for Lucy during the sad parts??? Oh no........
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Right now I am reading the Dear America books. They are awesome. My son picked up a few of them from a house he was helping a friend with. The people moved out and left a bunch of stuff so he brought them to me.

Comment

Laurel, Absolutely I thought of her and I bawled, not cried.... And you will think of Cali too. But read the book, you'll really enjoy it. It's a good cry.. I wasn't going to say this, but my ex-husband cried too...

Comment

two books I recently finished and really enjoyed..... Marley & Me... and Three Cups of Tea I'm now ready Ten Days in the Hills written by Jane Smiley.

Comment

Working...
                          X