Sachets in drawers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sachets in drawers

Anybody know a simple way to make them? I have way too many clothes packed in drawers, and when I pull something out to wear, even tho its clean, it may have been in the drawer for a year or more, and it just doesnt smell fresh. Hate the thought of re-washing everything because I know it will just happen again eventually. The few store-bought sachets I've found are pricey, and they dont last very long.

I don't put sachet in the drawers, I just cut out the perfume smelly pages out of magazines and put those in the drawers. Yes, I do get tons of magazines. LOL

Comment

A simple way of making sachets for your drawers would be to put some nice smelly stuff (bath salts, potpourrie, scented bath soaps etc) into a square of cloth & tie it with a ribbon. If you know how to sew, you could make a simple bag (fold a piece of cloth in half & sew on 2 sides to make a bag) & tie with a ribbon. Depending upon your sewing skill, you could add lace or decorate the bag or square of cloth as desired.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolyn88 View Post
        A simple way of making sachets for your drawers would be to put some nice smelly stuff (bath salts, potpourrie, scented bath soaps etc) into a square of cloth & tie it with a ribbon. If you know how to sew, you could make a simple bag (fold a piece of cloth in half & sew on 2 sides to make a bag) & tie with a ribbon. Depending upon your sewing skill, you could add lace or decorate the bag or square of cloth as desired.
        that certainly beats the magazine cut outs. and it's sounds like it's easy to do.

Comment

Get some small envelopes,make some pin holes with a straight pin, add bath talcum powder to each envelope.Or let some of those wipes dry out, fold over stitch around the edges and add talcum powder to them. stitch closed.
          I organize chores into catagories.
          Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

you can just put a bounce dryer sheet in your drawers and change them as they lose their scent

dragun

Comment

Instead of making a satchel. Use an old sock just put in your smelly item (ummm good smelly not dirty sock smelly) and tie the top up and pop it in the drawer.

Huffle
              God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

I put a wrapped soap bar or one of those leftover air perfume refreshers (the tiny bottle is what I have) in my drawers.

Comment

Originally posted by dragun6 View Post
                  you can just put a bounce dryer sheet in your drawers and change them as they lose their scent

dragun
                  That's what I was going to say. Dryer sheets work wonders for your drawers, and also make great car fresheners if you stick one under your seat.... And, they are pretty cheap to replace once they lose their "freshness"....
                  Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I save rose petals and simply toss them in once dry. Also, I buy dried lavender and put it in tiny bags made of netting. I have also sprayed a cotton ball with essential oil. If you do this, make sure not to saturate the cotton, because the oils are concentrated.

Comment

Working...
                    X