Need some prayers for my best friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some prayers for my best friend.

I called my best friend in the world today (she is in California) and wouldn't you know it she was thinking of calling me. I told her I was surprised to get her and not her voice mail (she is a special reading administrater) because I was just going to tell her to call me tonight.
    She told me her DS2 (22yrs old) and DS3 (15yrs old) had been in a realy bad car wreck the night before Mother's Day and she has not had a moment free to call me. Well DS3 is totaly fine. DS2 was hurt pretty bad.
    DS2 had been driving them home on I-5 near Stockton, CA about 11pm. They ran out of gas on the freeway. He got it over to the slow lane before it totaly stopped, put the flashers on. DS3 said he would hop out and push it to the side....DS2 said "No you stay in here where your safe." He gets to the back of the car and no more than puts his hand on it and a car slams into him and the car going well over 60MPH. DS3 is fine (Thank God). DS2 is pinned under the other car with his leg wrapped around the axle. Took the police 10+ minutes to get there. And all to gether 45 min to get him out. His brother crawled under and held his hand and talked to him. He said at one point his eyes rolled back into his head and he stopped breathing for a minute or two.
    His injurys are several (4 or 5) fractures to his right hip, his stermum caved in, tail bone broken, pelvis has 6 or more fractures and on his back from his right shoulder down his arm and back to his bottom he has 2nd and 3rd degree burns. The hospital they took him to (San Juaquine General) almost killed him not once but twice by overdoses of different medications and was physicaly assaulted by a male nurse (they filed charges).
    He is now in a very good rehab/nursing home in Modesto. They didn't do surgery because of his age they figure if he stays off of his right leg for 10 weeks the breaks should heal on their own. He is going through a lot of pain with the burns and the fractures. They are using a whirlpool to get rid of dead tissue which while it hurts it gives him relief from the fractures because of not laying on them.
    Just pray for him for fast and good healing. Also pray for his family they have thankfuly been at his side all most all of the time. So they are pretty tired, worn out and his mom and step dad are missing work and will have finances to deal with down the road.
    Sorry this is long but I didnt want to leave out important details. Her name is Chris and her DS2 is Matthew.

Huffle
    God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Huffle, so sad to hear this, I will pray for them. They did the right thing getting the car off the road but you never know. I think since they are young they will heal fast & hope continue on with the rest of their life. My DD drives so much on the freeways & I worry so much. She did total her car the 1st month she got her dr. lic. to this day, I am so thankful for the airbags. Things could have been so worse. It is heartbreaking when you get that call. I will pray that they all heal & move on with their life.

Comment

Prayers from here also. How awful.

Comment

Oh my goodness. We'll say a prayer for him.

Comment

What a horrible, horrible thing for anyone to have to go thru! That whole family will be in my prayers.

Comment

how sad. prayers sent to them all.
            http://weatherpixie.com/index.php?&h...=AZ&place=KFFZ

i didnt loose it! ...........i sold it on ebay!

Comment

I live in Turlock, which is about 30 minutes from Stockton, and I read about this accident in our paper ! It gave me the chills then and again now after ready this. How tragic. Prayers going your way.

Comment

Prayers from here, too...

Comment

Prayers and good postive thoughts for Matthew, Chris and the entire family.

Comment

OH, how scary, and awful!! Prayers for Chris, Matthew and the whole family... Please keep us updated on his progress.. bless his heart.....
                    Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

How tragic, thoughts are with the family. Every parent's nightmare.

Comment

That is so terrible. My prayers are with the whole family. They will have to make a lot of adjustments. Keep us updated.

Comment

Prayers said here too!! {{{{HUGS}}}
                          www.freewebs.com/auntanniescakes

I am one of 57 million (who did not vote for BO)

Comment

Working...
                          X