Trip To Yellowstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip To Yellowstone

My family and I are going to Yellowstone in July. We've been before and mostly stayed in hotels. I was wondering if any of you guys had stayed in any economical cabins around the Jackson, WY area or the Estes Park, CO area. There will be 6 of us and thought it would nice to all stay together, as opposed to 2 hotel rooms. Also, hotel rooms are so expensive, sometimes you can rent a small cabin cheaper than 2 rooms. Thanks!!!

purplegirl

I don't know about cabins, but we camped in the Grand Tetons. It was a great experience.
    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

We live outside of Boulder, CO and once a year we stay at the cabins in Estes Park at the YMCA. It's fine and often you look right out your window and an elk or deer is looking at you. I think it's called YMCA of the Rockies, it has a full kitchen, a dining hall and lots of nice eating places around it.

Comment

Trip to Yellowstonw

My family and I have a trip planned in July to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. We are staying at Colter Village Cabins near Jackson Hole in the Tetons. There are other cabin rental operators in the Teton area.

In Yellowstone, we have booked Yellowstone Lake Cabins and Canyon Village Cabins.

The above cabins can be booked through www.xanterra.com, who I believe operates these facilities (and others) for the National Park Service. They facilities book up quickly; keep checking back frequently for cancellations.

Visit www.tripadvisor.com and www.nps.gov. for a wealth of information.

Have a safe trip.

Comment

DH's brother and wife left a couple of days ago to drive (pulling a trailer) from Virginia to Yellowstone....and back. It'll be about 7,000 miles. That's going to be one expensive trip, isn't it. But they were determined to go, been planning it for a couple of years....and it will probably be their last big dirving vacation since they are not young, so I hope it is all they think it will be.

Comment

GayleTx, They are in for a grand time, I'm sure. A couple of years ago DH & I took off from Houston without an itenerary and the only plan was that we would overnight at 5:30 wherever we happened to be. We ended up at Yellowstone NP came back thru Taos, Santa Fe and on to El Paso. We both love to travel and this was a celebration of our retirement and we had the best time. Soon's gas prices come down (!!) we're ready to take off again.

Comment

Working...
            X