What's on the menu for Memorial Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's on the menu for Memorial Day

I made "Dunkleys" mac salad. I even found the horseradish powder at Central Market. I can't wait to dig in That's going to be my contribution Happy Memorial Day to everyone! Beth

Don't you just love Central Market We have a central market here in SA and it's a good thing it's not located close to my house or I would spend a lot of money all the time.
    SO will grill a steak and I am fixing salads to go with it. Also have some homemade black eye peas leftover that we need to eat.

Comment

I intended on picking up a turkey breast Friday on the way home, and forgot, and I'm not about to run back to town just to do that, so I'm gonna bake a bologna!!! lol We haven't had one in a month or two and I've got one in the freezer to fix. Don't know what else to make with it yet.

Comment

Dont know yet however it will be one of two things. The other I will make for tomorrow.

I bought some hot-n-spicy sausages, brats, and hot dogs at Costco yesterday. Also picked up some ribs for the other day. Those have to marinate in the rub so I will most likely make that tomorrow.

Will probably make some baked beans, pasta salad and zucchini as sides.

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
          I intended on picking up a turkey breast Friday on the way home, and forgot, and I'm not about to run back to town just to do that, so I'm gonna bake a bologna!!! lol We haven't had one in a month or two and I've got one in the freezer to fix. Don't know what else to make with it yet.
          May I suggest a cucumber salad, Nu

Comment

You can't get those cukes off your.... uh..... mind, can you!!! lol

Comment

Just having some fun.

Comment

OK Beth, What/where is Dunkley's mac salad? I tried to "search" it but just got all the threads with salad in it!! lol Anything with horseradish should be good. (I have wasabi powder, could you substitute?)

Comment

Never mind, I found it when I just put in Dunkley's. BUT..... Would wasabi powder work? I do have jar'd horseradish. may have to try one of each! lol

Comment

hamburgers
                    hotdogs
                    potato salad
                    baked beans
                    lays potato chips

watermelon

Comment

Marinated NY strip steaks, tossed salads loaded with all the good stuff, cottage cheese, cranberry relish, spiced apples

Comment

I want to eat at Joanne's house

Well, I'm having burgers and haven't even considered side dishes yet. I've been so busy with everything else! I do have some canned beans, chips and plenty of eggs (so I could boil/deviled). Maybe I'll take the time to make a potato salad. Not very original, I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by BJinTexas View Post
                          I made "Dunkleys" mac salad. I even found the horseradish powder at Central Market. I can't wait to dig in That's going to be my contribution Happy Memorial Day to everyone! Beth
                          From one Beth to another... I made mac salad today, too, but not Dunkleys because I have vegetarians in the house. I also made it with Dreamfield's pasta. We also did burgers, dogs, corn on the cob, fresh strawberries, veggie burgers and dogs for the lettuceheads, cut up melon... aqll on paper plates. Hooray, summer eating!

Comment

Made potato salad today ( i like it to sit over night ), going to grill pork ribs and briskit, baked beans and home made briskit sauce. Maybe chocolate cake with 7 minute white fluffy icing and of course tea.

Comment

We had BBQ and all the goodies that go with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X