Sunshine Cake!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunshine Cake!!!

Do you know what time it is Boys and Girls?? It is time for Jana's YUMMY, DELICIOUS, LIGHT, LUSCIOUS, COOL, REFRESHING, OH SO TASTY------

SUNSHINE CAKE!!!

It has reached the perfect weather for it and I am on my way out the door to buy the ingredients to make it....

How do you beat 90 degree weather? SUNSHINE CAKE!!!

(I kinda like it...)

oh! How do y'all think it would taste if I tried coconut pudding, or banana pudding?? I would hate to mess up a good thing, but I am curious....
    Last edited by LaurenB; 05-26-2008, 05:09 PM. Reason: Forgot to add:
    Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I absolutely LOVE Sunshine Cake!!! I don't make it very often cuz there are only a few in our family that likes coconut and,,,,,you just gotta have the coconut!
    I think that any of those pudding flavours would be good to try!
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Coconut? I hadn't thought of that..... Well, I chickened out and got the vanilla pudding. I just couldn't take the chance of messing up the perfection that IS the Sunshine Cake!!
      Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

where is this sunshine cake ?

Comment

Can someone please post the Sunshine Cake recipe....I'm drooling here LOL!
          "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Here ya go!! Mine is in the oven and it smells OH SO GOOD!!!

Sunshine Cake!
            From Janabanana

1 box yellow cake mix
            1 sm box vanilla instant pudding
            1 11 oz can mandarin oranges, undrained
            1 8 oz can crushed pineapple, undrained
            2 eggs
            Vanilla pineapple topping (below)

Combine all in bowl and beat at medium speed until well combined,
            about a minute. Pour into sprayed 9x13 bake 375 for about 33-35 minutes
            or til toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.. Spread with topping
            and store in fridge. You can garnish with a few mandarins.

Vanilla Pineapple Topping

1 8 oz can crushed pineapple undrained
            1 sm box vanilla instant pudding
            1 12 oz Cool Whip, thawed

Mix together pineapple and pudding, fold in cool whip til combined
            then frost the cooled cake. Store in fridge.

You will be so amazed as to how light and yummy this is.. It's a definite
            keeper.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I have all of those things in my pantry now! I think I see a sweet project on the horizon... yum yum...

Comment

It is REALLY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought about adding coconut when I made it, but DH is weird and doesn't like coconut!!!

Comment

Ok, I'm going to the grocery store BEFORE work in the morning to get the ingredients for this.
                  "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

We have called this (for some unknown reason)Pig Picken Cake I haven't made one is years, but I love them!
                    I organize chores into catagories.
                    Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

Kayce, that is what my Mom called it when I made it for her... Either way, sure do taste good, don't it?
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayce View Post
                        We have called this (for some unknown reason)Pig Picken Cake I haven't made one is years, but I love them!
                        We call it Pig Picken Cake where I live too - had one just last Sunday....yummy!

Comment

We just love this cake!!!!

Comment

Do you think it would hold up in cupcake form? Lauren, How'd ya like it?

Comment

Re: Sunshine Cake!!!

does it have a strong orange flavor?

Comment

Working...
                              X