What's for dinner tonight 5/27/2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's for dinner tonight 5/27/2008

This weekend we went to an asian market and a russian market and picked up all sorts of goodies. I also currently have more food than my cabinets will hold. I haven't decided yet on what's for dinner. It may be some sort of curry noodles or something.

What are you having for dinner?

Re: What's for dinner tonight 5/27/2008

Doing that Southern thang again tonite - I have a pot of blackeye peas with hamhocks cooking now, and will make some cornbread and stewed tomatos to go with it. And have some pickled peaches marinating.

Comment

My plan is roasted pork tenderloin with a mustard honey glaze, corn on the cob, salad ? bread ? of course I am always open to a change of plans, i.e. going out to eat. LOL

Comment

Well The Plan Yesterday Was To Bbq Shrimp, Mahi Mahi And Beef Tenderloins, (until We Got A Call For Our New Tenants. We Have Been Trying To Get Out The Pet Urine Smell In The Carpets, We Had Them Professionally Cleaned Twice And And The Smell Is Still There--so We Went And Ordered New Carpet. We Went Last Night And Pulled Up The Carpet In The Rental House--dh Plans Of Planting His 450 Acres Of Beans This Week And Doesn't See When Else We Could Have Gotten Down There To Do This Even Though The New Carpet Wont Be Installed Until Next Monday Or Tuesday.) So We Will Be Having Last Nights Menu Tonight.
        SHEL

Comment

Ooooh - I want to know what you got at the Russian market!

We have a friend coming in from out of town tonight so we will be out at the airport - I think I will make pasta so we can just eat when we get home without any big deal.

Comment

We got lots of pickled veggies, tomatoes, sour dill pickles, saurkraut, smoked makeral, smoked salmon bellies (not sure of the real translation there), mushroom salad, beet salad, kiev cake, iserali eggplant salad, kvas (russian children's beer), stuffed cabbage leaves, barley, canned smoked fish, brown bread, and a variety of other items. It tends to be the stuff you can't get anywhere else. English speaking isn't the norm in these stores

Comment

Leftovers from yesterday burgers and dogs ...also making spinach dip already have dill and ranch will finish up the veggies and crackers with those ....might cut up the last pineapple and have w/cottage cheese later, lots of stuff in fridge needs used up soon so a free for all here

Comment

I'm thinking grilled chicken wrap bar maybe?
                putting out the grilled chicken and wraps along with sliced avocados, slivered sundried toms, reg sliced tomatoes, long slices of cucks, spinach leaves, lettuce, pesto or a basil aioli, etc...
                maybe I'll have a pasta salad on the side and chips...

What would YOU put on your wrap bar?

Comment

Originally posted by Sewcute View Post
                  I'm thinking grilled chicken wrap bar maybe?
                  putting out the grilled chicken and wraps along with sliced avocados, slivered sundried toms, reg sliced tomatoes, long slices of cucks, spinach leaves, lettuce, pesto or a basil aioli, etc...
                  maybe I'll have a pasta salad on the side and chips...

What would YOU put on your wrap bar?

shredded sharp cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatos,green or valdilia onions, peppers, black olives, salsa, sour cream, franks hot sauce, philly spreads, roasted red pepper (in jar) any veggies in fridge work but those are what we use most and we love wraps have been making the chicken strips with ranch, lettuce tomato kind a lot.

Comment

Working...
                  X