Here we go again...vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go again...vent

Have you ever had to argue with a company to convince them that you owe them money?!?!

I got my electric bill today, and it shows I have a $300 credit balance, which I know isnt right! So I called them up. They say its because they are returning my deposit since I have lived here for a year. I TRIED to tell them - they already gave me back my deposit a few months ago! Even had them pull up the online account history and see that they had already creditted me! They said...well, we cant fix that now, so just take the credit balance we are giving you and be happy with it!

Somehow I have a feeling that this is going to come back to bite me, just like Comcast did to me last year! I had to beg and beg them for a bill and they kept insisting that I owed them nothing...then they billed me for 6 months at one time! GRRRRR!

Re: Here we go again...vent

Just continue paying them as before and let the credit sit there. Otherwise it will come back to bite you in the butt again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubelishous View Post
      Just continue paying them as before and let the credit sit there. Otherwise it will come back to bite you in the butt again.
      i agree. when u get the bill and it shows it pulled x amount out of the credit........pay the x amount.
      http://weatherpixie.com/index.php?&h...=AZ&place=KFFZ

i didnt loose it! ...........i sold it on ebay!

Comment

I agree this could come back to haunt you. Just pay your bill and ignore this credit.

Comment

That happened to me when I had a balance of $200+ after insurance. At an office visit I handed the clerk my credit card & asked her to zero out the balance. She started an argument -- she could see that I owed but wouldn't accept payment. I gave up after a few minutes of give & take. Went home and called the accounting manager whose office is across town. He sighed deeply and said he didn't know he had ditzy employees. He accepted my credit card.

Comment

I had a similar problem years ago when I kept getting a tiny gas bill. I called the G&E co. and they said I wouldn't get any gas at all if the meter wasn't working. This went on for months. Finally after more calls from me they sent out a repairman and sure enough the meter wasn't working correctly. So then I get a bill for prorated gas over the past months that I had been complaining.

Ann

Comment

Working...
            X