Dessert glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dessert glasses

I need glass dessert dishes for jello and such desserts; I have very small one that match my good China for a rich dessert like Mousse, but I want something more for every day for jello and I can't think of what else. Maybe rice pudding?

The King Arthur dessert glasses are gorgeous but much too small. Anyone ?
    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Re: Dessert glasses

Check out a dollar store near you and get some nice clear glass dishes. I love my dollar store

Comment

Some of the cups for small candles are really cute with flounced edges or soft colors. I got me some at Big Lots but a $ store should have them.

Comment

okay, thanks !

Comment

make sure the glass bowls don't contain lead. I am just leary of the stuff that comes from China.

Comment

I once had a set of parfait glasses that I used for Jello/Pudding type desserts and they looked very nice. For small portions of a rich dessert, I use small tea-type cups (the type that sit on a luncheon plate, which is "old school.") They are clear with a pattern cut in. Also, I use clear goblets (wine, brandy) and like that look very much because of the stem. Let us know what you decide ~ might want to add a new twist to our own collections.

Comment

I like using margarita glasses. I also once used the long flute champagne glasses with the long spoons. Those were a hit, but a pain in the a$$ to fill!!!!
              Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

thanks everyone, i'mstill looking however .....

Comment

are there different size glasses that go to your china?
                  If you want something fancier, just to go a place that sells dishes and china. There should be plenty of different size stemmed glasses to choose from.

Comment

i don't; i have something nice to match my china. i want something plain for every day.

Comment

You might look on eBay. I just looked up dessert glasses and got 293 hits some looked pretty nice.

Comment

oh...ebay ... right !!!!!!!

i would need to know a size, then ... think 6 oz otta do it ?

Comment

I use Pyrex 6-ounce custard cups for puddings and Jell-O. Amazon.com sells them: http://www.amazon.com/Pyrex-Bakeware-6-Ounce-Clear-Custard/dp/B0000CF3UK/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1212348543&sr=8-1

Shorter link: http://tinyurl.com/3rqfo5

Amazon.com also has the 10-ounce custard cups if you need a bigger size.

Comment

Working...
                          X