Shirley MacLaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirley MacLaine

I browsed through Shirley MacLaine's book Sage-ing While Age-ing in the library. Who here likes her and who thinks she's looney?

A day without laughter is a day wasted...Charlie Chaplin

Re: Shirley MacLaine

Yeah, she's kinda nutty, but I love her just the same. She is in several of my favorite movies. Terms of Endearment and Steel Magnolias. She's an awesome actress.
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

She is different to say the least. But I really like her as an actress, I think she is good.
      Terms of endearment, steel magnolias just some the movies I have seen her in. I haven't read her latest book , I just can't get into it.

Comment

I think she's a few pickles short of a jar. However, she is an excellent actress.

Comment

Doesn't she believe that she has lived before, what do you call that, reincarnation ?? sp?

Comment

She definitely believes in reincarnation, meditation, extraterrestrials etc...she states in her book that both Presidents Reagan and Carter had UFO sightings which she discussed with them..she has traveled everywhere you can imagine...

Comment

Not surprised that she had contact with Reagan, she probably knew him from his Hollywood days.

Comment

I'm not sure if her latest movie Poor Things has been released yet, but I definitely want to see it..it also has Olympia Dukakis, Rosario Dawson, and Britney Murphy (she replaced Lindsey Lohan). It's about 2 older con artist women who befriend and kill homeless men for their life insurance policies..

Comment

Is that movie after the real life story about these old ladies ??

Comment

you can like and think looney at the tsame time ...
                    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

It does say the movie is inspired by true events! ACK!

Comment

She is my idol! In fact I have tried to stalk her when she was visiting her mother at our hospital.

Comment

I can't wait for Poor Things to be released. Britney Murphy is a great actress. She doesn't act enough IMO. Can't wait to see her in this movie.
                          Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

I love Shirley as an actress, think she is AWESOME in every role I have ever seen her in. Especially love her when she is paired with Olympia Dukakis. They are great together!!
                            As far as her personal beliefs........well, she is a little out there for me..I don't thinks she is necessarily loony, just very "different" in her way of thinking and her beliefs...
                            Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubelishous View Post
                              I think she's a few pickles short of a jar. However, she is an excellent actress.
                              DITTO !! Loved her in Steel Magnolias.

Comment

Working...
                              X