PBJ - an art form!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBJ - an art form!

I don't make PBJ sandwiches per se. Peanut butter is spread on a slice of bread, strawberry jam is spread on top of that and it is eaten face up (not folded and no second slice of bread). If the bread is toasted, a little butter goes on before the peanut butter does.
    (Oh, and I never, ever liked jam or jelly until I was in my 40's!)
    So, how do you make PBJ sandwiches?

Re: PBJ - an art form!

Lightly Toasted Bread, Barely Any Color. Jiff Peanut Butter With Homemade Raspberry Jelly.
    SHEL

Comment

I like peanutbutter with banana slices on white bread, 2 slices. You could also grill that sandwich

Comment

I make either toasted peanut butter OR jam - I never have liked the two mixed

Comment

I slapped PB on one slice of bread and jelly on the other. As I've probably had 2 PB&Js in my whole life... the kids told me what they wanted and I complied.
          "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
            I like peanutbutter with banana slices on white bread, 2 slices. You could also grill that sandwich
            I believe that was one of Elvis' favorite sammies.

I just spread Peter Pan Smooth on one slice, and strawberry or kiwi preserves on the other and smoosh them together. Yum!
            Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

If I have homemade bread, I toast it then put on the PB&J open-face. But if it's store bread I use two pieces because it's much thinner than I cut my own. And I don't toast store bread. Sometimes I have PB&DP instead, love it. (dill pickles!!) Actually I don't eat PB&J often, but do love it.

Comment

Smooth PB and grape jelly on fresh hillbilly bread, once in a while I will toast the bread.

Comment

I love SKIPPY peanut butter. I remember growing up, my mom use to eat peanut butter & butter sandwiches..

Comment

I personally like my bread toasted and smooth peanut butter then a little sugar free honey spread on. My GS likes me to just put peanut butter on one piece of bread and fold it, for his lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by boo View Post
                      I believe that was one of Elvis' favorite sammies.

I just spread Peter Pan Smooth on one slice, and strawberry or kiwi preserves on the other and smoosh them together. Yum!
                      Yes, I think it was, but I think he also liked some bacon on it LOL

Comment

I forgot to say earlier, I LOVE that peanut butter commercial with Grandpa sharing a peanut butter sandwich with his granddaughter Joanna. "J" for Joanna. It's cute and so is she.

Comment

Working...
                        X