X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaryJo
    replied
    Re: PBJ - an art form!

I forgot to say earlier, I LOVE that peanut butter commercial with Grandpa sharing a peanut butter sandwich with his granddaughter Joanna. "J" for Joanna. It's cute and so is she.

Leave a comment:

• Sabine
    replied

Originally posted by boo View Post
    I believe that was one of Elvis' favorite sammies.

I just spread Peter Pan Smooth on one slice, and strawberry or kiwi preserves on the other and smoosh them together. Yum!
    Yes, I think it was, but I think he also liked some bacon on it LOL

Leave a comment:

• wellsms
    replied

I personally like my bread toasted and smooth peanut butter then a little sugar free honey spread on. My GS likes me to just put peanut butter on one piece of bread and fold it, for his lunch.

Leave a comment:

• BJinTexas
    replied

I love SKIPPY peanut butter. I remember growing up, my mom use to eat peanut butter & butter sandwiches..

Leave a comment:

• wishingstar
    replied

Smooth PB and grape jelly on fresh hillbilly bread, once in a while I will toast the bread.

Leave a comment:

• MaryJo
    replied

If I have homemade bread, I toast it then put on the PB&J open-face. But if it's store bread I use two pieces because it's much thinner than I cut my own. And I don't toast store bread. Sometimes I have PB&DP instead, love it. (dill pickles!!) Actually I don't eat PB&J often, but do love it.

Leave a comment:

• beatlebette
    replied

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
    I like peanutbutter with banana slices on white bread, 2 slices. You could also grill that sandwich
    I believe that was one of Elvis' favorite sammies.

I just spread Peter Pan Smooth on one slice, and strawberry or kiwi preserves on the other and smoosh them together. Yum!

Leave a comment:

• luvs2eat
    replied

I slapped PB on one slice of bread and jelly on the other. As I've probably had 2 PB&Js in my whole life... the kids told me what they wanted and I complied.

Leave a comment:

• Rubelishous
    replied

I make either toasted peanut butter OR jam - I never have liked the two mixed

Leave a comment:

• Sabine
    replied

I like peanutbutter with banana slices on white bread, 2 slices. You could also grill that sandwich

Leave a comment:

• SHEL
    replied

Lightly Toasted Bread, Barely Any Color. Jiff Peanut Butter With Homemade Raspberry Jelly.

Leave a comment:

• AngID
    started a topic PBJ - an art form!

PBJ - an art form!

I don't make PBJ sandwiches per se. Peanut butter is spread on a slice of bread, strawberry jam is spread on top of that and it is eaten face up (not folded and no second slice of bread). If the bread is toasted, a little butter goes on before the peanut butter does.
    (Oh, and I never, ever liked jam or jelly until I was in my 40's!)
    So, how do you make PBJ sandwiches?
Working...
X