Mem. Day v. Veteran's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mem. Day v. Veteran's Day

Did I get it right - the difference is that Memorial Day is for those who died, right; and Vet. Day is for all who served.
    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Re: Mem. Day v. Veteran's Day

This is what I found on the internet

Veterans Day continues to be observed on November 11, regardless of what day of the week on which it falls. The restoration of the observance of Veterans Day to November 11 not only preserves the historical significance of the date, but helps focus attention on the important purpose of Veterans Day: A celebration to honor America's veterans for their patriotism, love of country, and willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good.

November 11 was also at one time called Armistice Day, celebrating the end of World War I

Comment

Re: Mem. Day v. Veteran's Day

More info

Memorial Day is a United States Federal holiday observed on the last Monday of May (in 2008 on May 26). Formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. men and women who perished while in military service to their country. First enacted to honor Union soldiers of the American Civil War, it was expanded after World War I to include American casualties of any war or military action

Comment

Working...
      X