Thanks for the recipe - Ang, I think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the recipe - Ang, I think

I printed the recipe off a long time ago and finally gave it a try - No Peek Casserole. Really tasty! I used pork and added baby carrots the last 30 minutes. Next time I'm using beef.

Re: Thanks for the recipe - Ang, I think

Isn't that good? And so easy. I got that from another recipe board years and years ago (Thanks Ann!) and have passed it along dozens of times.

Comment

Ok Ang bump it up where ever it is hiding. I want a peek at the no peek casserole.

Huffle
      God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

Me too!! I need a peek!
        Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Meeeeeee Threeeeeeee!

Comment

I'm not Ang, but here ya go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Peek Casserole

From Anne @ The KT Recipe Exchange This is a recipe that my family literally will fight over. It makes a delicious gravy (what they fight over) and absolutely nothing to making it.I double the recipe and there is still none left at the end of the meal.

No Peek Casserole
            2 lbs stew meat (I use 3 lbs)
            1 can Campbell's Chicken Mushroom Soup
            1/2 cup Ginger Ale
            1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup Mix
            1 4 oz jar mushrooms, drained (optional)

Preheat oven to 300. Combine ALL ingredients (DO NOT brown meat and DO NOT dilute soup with water) together. Mix well. It will be lumpy before it's cooked. Pour into a casserole dish and cover. Bake 2 1/2 to 3 hours. DON'T PEEK!! Serve over pasta, rice or mashed potatoes. The smell as it's cooking is WONDERFUL

Note from Ang: I use fresh mushrooms. Heat up the leftovers the next day and fold in sour cream for the bestest beef stroganoff ever! And don't try substituting sprite or seven up. It didn't taste the same for some reason.

Comment

Thanks faux Ang..!

Comment

I packed a dish of this for my husband to take to work, with a side of sour cream and a bag of noodles, and several men commented on how great it smelled. He didn't share anything except the comment! This really was very good and so easy, and I can't wait to make it again.

Comment

Sounds AWESOME! I will be trying this one soon! I like the Carrot addition too...
                  Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                  X