Home again, home again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home again, home again!

We're back from PA... the drive home was really nice. We took a new route thru the entire state of Virginia and then across the entire state of Tennessee... I was waving to ya, CookinKat, as we passed "Knox-vegas." The trip home was uneventful, 'cept for the dead battery that required a stop at WalMart... thanks to the Chevy dealership in Arkansas who did a SUPER car check up before our 2000 mile trip! (grrrrr... they'll be getting a letter from me!)

I got to go wedding dress shopping w/ my middle DD... everyone asked me if I cried. I didn't cause we were both just so weirded out by the whole thing. It was like Halloween, but BETTER!! ha ha. I'll see if I can upload the prettiest photo of her trying on dresses. She'd put on the Cinderella dress I'd picked out (big and poofy) and she was getting so tired... she sat down on her haunches inside the dress... too cute!!

I got my baby fix w/ my young friend's new DD and played w/ their doggie so I didn't miss mine as much. Their almost 3-year-old son calls me "Nanny," and melts my heart everytime he so much as looks in my direction!!

Here's DD in the wedding dress she tried on for me!

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g314/luvs2eat/weddingdresses035.jpg

And here's my baby fix:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g314/luvs2eat/weddingdresses051.jpg

Babe was happy to get home... he's a homebody. He said he likes to be home to "touch his stuff." I asked... "Doncha touch your stuff every time you go to the bathroom?" ha ha ha... he said he likes to touch his stuff surrounded by his stuff. ha ha ha
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Re: Home again, home again!

Awww! love the pics and welcome home

Comment

Glad your home safe, Cute kids, both of 'em!! lol

Comment

Welcome back and great pics!

Comment

Hi, glad you are back. I still don't know why you didn't cry. I almost did when I saw your DD in that dress. Glad you had a wonderful trip.

Comment

Glad you're back. Cute baby! I have to admit that when DD and I went wedding dress shopping, I teared up when she tried on the first dress. By the time she tried on the 10th, I was over it and could give her a more objective opinion. I think your DD is absolutely beautiful in that dress. Did she decide on one or is she still looking?
            Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Welcome home. Good pictures. Love that dress

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                Glad you're back. Cute baby! I have to admit that when DD and I went wedding dress shopping, I teared up when she tried on the first dress. By the time she tried on the 10th, I was over it and could give her a more objective opinion. I think your DD is absolutely beautiful in that dress. Did she decide on one or is she still looking?
                She tried on 6 dresses that day. She really liked 2 but wants to keep looking. The dress in the photo was the big princess dress I'm always drawn to... just fun for me to look at... haha.

Comment

Welcome home, beautiful daughter and beautiful dress too. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

So luvs, if I may ask, what part of PA were you visiting???? I'm from Harrisburg, PA and DD now lives in Pittsburgh, PA.
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Awwww, beautiful daughter you've got there!! Can't wait to see the Wedding pics in the dress she winds up with. She will be a gorgeous bride.....

The baby is adorable!! Sounds like you had a nice trip. Always good to be home again though, isn't it? Glad Babe is home surrounded by his "stuff" now!!
                      Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by krubinic View Post
                        So luvs, if I may ask, what part of PA were you visiting???? I'm from Harrisburg, PA and DD now lives in Pittsburgh, PA.
                        We were mostly around Doylestown, PA... about 2-3 hours east of Harrisburg... that's near where I lived for more than 20 years. We spent 2 days at the start of the trip in Meadville, about 90 miles north of Pittsburgh... where Babe's kids live. Now we're Arkansans!!

Comment

I'm so jealous we use to live in New Britain. In fact DD was born at Doylestown Hospital. But it's always good to get home again.

Comment

Glad you are back safe and sound Love your pics. DH is heading up to Philly sometime in June with work. I am sooooooo jealous and want to go with him but can't.
                            Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Cindy..........Philly definitely is a great city to visit with all the history and whatnot. However..........I absolutely HATE the roadways leading into and around it. Mostly, the Schuylkill Expressway (we call it the "Sure Kill" here in PA). Had to drive DS to the Philly airport two weeks ago and I was praying the whole way there and back. The PA Turnpike doesn't bother me at all though. If you aren't going 90 mph on the "Sure Kill", you will get pushed off the roadway for sure!!! Guess I'm just getting old and not cut out for Indy 500 kind of driving any more!!!

Luvs, never been to Doylestown itself, however, DD did her ungrad college at West Chester University which is not far from that area. LOVED going to West Chester (and the King of Prussia Mall) her entire four years and miss it a lot. I'll have to plan a road trip for myself soon!!!! But also are liking Pittsburgh, PA A LOT the more we visit her there in grad school now.
                              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Working...
                              X