need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice

sorry if this is in the wrong area. have to spagetti dinner tomorow. whats the best way to keep it from getting mushy or stickey? keeping the sauce and meatballs in one crockpot, and the spag. in another. any help will be GREATLY appreciated, thx, Laura

Re: need advice

For my pasta I add about 1 T olive oil while cooking to keep it from sticking.

Comment

I would shoot for al dente pasta, don't over cook it to start with. Then to keep it warm you could add a little water and a little oil in your warming dish. I think as long as your pasta doesn't suffer from being over cooked I think you will be fine.

Comment

When I worked in an Italian restaurant, they made it al dente, lightly oiled and in a container in the fridge. When they got an order, they dropped into boiling water for a couple seconds and DONE.

When I have served it for a group, I did as above. Then right before, I would do the heat-up boil, add some olive oil and put in my non-stick Nesco right before serving.

Comment

I also go for the al dente form of done. Just barely done, and I also put olive oil in the water while cooking it, and rinse in cold water. It keeps it from sticking together very well. Good luck!
          Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

Originally posted by Machele View Post
            When I worked in an Italian restaurant, they made it al dente, lightly oiled and in a container in the fridge. When they got an order, they dropped into boiling water for a couple seconds and DONE.

When I have served it for a group, I did as above. Then right before, I would do the heat-up boil, add some olive oil and put in my non-stick Nesco right before serving.

I agree with this post!!! Thanks for the tip!!!

Comment

Working...
            X