Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS's birthday

NOT to take away from "NU's" birthday...LOL

But DH and I just decided to have a BBQ for DS's birthday this Sunday. He loves Bob the builder, but theres not much stuff out there to buy! I know what I'm doing for the cake (a 9x13" cake made to look like a construstion site), but as far as the food............I'm at a loss!

What is your most requested BBQ recipe? I know I can be creative with the names (like "Mucks favorite chili" or "Dizzy's rotini pasta salad")...but I need the recipes to name!

TIA

Re: DS's birthday

WOULD THIS PASS FOR SOMETHING BOB THE BUILDER WOULD USE?

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50522

TELL THE BOY HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND GIVE HIM A BIG OLE SQUEEZE FOR ME.

Comment

HERE'S A PLACE WITH A BUNCH OF DIFF IDEAS FOR CAKES

http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/special/specialfeature/cakefinder-birthday/

Comment

Now that is a very cute cake , what a neat idea. I bet he would love that one. Happy Birthday Sewcute's Son.

Comment

VERY sweet cake (get it? sweet? LOL!)
          I LOVE the family fun website...I have BORROWED alot of ideas from them.
          Thanks for the brain push

Comment

what I really need are recipes for things that you would serve at a BBQ

Maybe stop sign pinwheel sandwiches, or yeild yellow pepper dip... like that

Comment

Serve Bbq At A Bbq!!! Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              You Want Sides? Too Bad, I'm Not Going To Type All My Recipes Here For You It's My Birthday And I Shouldn't Have To Do That Much Work!!!

Comment

just your favorite you big baby.....

SORRY...BIRTHDAY baby

Comment

What about burgers and hotdogs. Rolls could be foundation and roof, mustard could be a yield sign dip (you could even past a sign on the jar or bottle), ketchup could be stop sign dip. Relish could be grass starter boy am I stretching here. Maybe a chip dip could be concrete.

Comment

I LOVE IT!
                    a big yeild sign on the mustard container, a big STOP sign on the ketchup!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!
                    grass starter on the relish... GREAT IDEA!!!!!

I need qucik & easy ideas (I only have a few days), and these are PERFECT

Comment

We had a Bob the Builder party once. I got everyone one of those cloth tool belts from Home Depot and filled them with plastic tools from the Dollar Store. I sent away for Bob plastic hardhats, but I bet you could find some reg. plastic hardhats at the dollar store too.

Comment

I'm glad you liked the idea. Maybe add watermelon cut into cubes it could be bricks and pineapple wedges and sliced could be landscaping bricks. Sorry I only have a daughter have great girl party experience.

Comment

What if you pick up a toy dump truck... Put goodies in the back of it?. What about doing something with candy corn? You know, it kinda looks like the Traffic orange cones....
                          A plastic construction hat or two filled with chips? Or dips?
                          Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Found this idea....Dizzy's Cement: Make vanilla shakes and add a few drops of black food coloring to look like cement.

Comment

oh yeah! What great ideas for decorating!!!!

I like the dump truck idea...I think I'll fill one with pasta salad and one with maybe hotdogs or something.

Construction hats...with chips...LOVE IT! Not much time to buy this stuff...going out today and I'll see what I find. I'll improvise with what I find. Have 2 dollar stores a few towns over, will check today. also thinking if I find an actual "CONE" how to make it into a pinata.

now I just need RECIPES! I'll google more, and search family fun...thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X