Ok I am hot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok I am hot!

Called out the A/C man last Friday because it would get so hot in the house in the afternoons. We have the blinds closed and the house dark as a tomb. Last year I always kept my blinds half open and the house stayed at 70 degrees.Of course when he came out the damn house was cool so he charged us $75.00 to say nothing is wrong. I told him that was the first time my old lady thermostat had failed me. Well tonight I am getting hotter and check the thermostat and it is registering 84 degrees. I am mad as heck. The compressor is not cutting on at all. He will get a call in the AM and I will tell him to come back, my old lady thermostat did NOT fail me. Sorry for the vent but don't do well in this Texas heat!

Re: Ok I am hot!

I Understand Completely!!! I Sent You Some Fans, Didn't They Help? Lol

Comment

If I would quit eating the jalapenos they might help! lol

Comment

Remember, Nursing Is Common Sense Stuff!!! Eat Jalapenos, You Get Hot!!! Lol

Comment

Is he on his way? Nothing worse than being miserably hot when you have to sleep.

Comment

I know that 84 ° would be too hot for me. Hope he comes back soon and fixes whatever is wrong. It's too darn hot to do without A/C

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
              I know that 84 would be too hot for me. Hope he comes back soon and fixes whatever is wrong. It's too darn hot to do without A/C
              Totaly agree. I get icky when it is that hot...not to mention short tempered.
              Hope he gets thre soon.

Huffle
              God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

did he actually say it was YOU? I'd be more mad at that!!! MEN!

Comment

He is coming sometime today. For his sake it better be early. The hotter it gets the meaner I get! lol Thank goodness we bought a little mazda car for gas economy. I might have to go for several rides today.

Comment

And it's not just the heat, it's the humidity.... I just heard on the radio it's already 70 % humidity here in SA right now! high humidity does so much for my hair.....

Comment

He came and had to replace the fan motor that he put in last year. Made the comment to DH that he had used a generic motor but would put the real one in this time. He was very lucky I was strolling around wally world and didn't hear that! cheap skate. It is cool
                      ing down so I will draw my fangs and claws back in! lol

Comment

I think I would like your home right now. It is 65 in the house right now and very damp! brrrrrrr. I guess it is time to turn the furnace back on, or at least dig out my slippers.

Comment

I would trade places with you but my house is now 70 very cool degrees, thank goodness!

Comment

Whew! So glad they got you fixed up. Nothing worse than Texas Heat and Humidity with an A/C that can't keep up!!
                            Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

About two weeks ago in Az we got this weird heat wave 110 and on our local news those a/c guys were swamped with calls. Beginning of the season those a/c units act up. Oh in our part of the country this is a huge deal. Yes, don't mess around the a/c units. We don't have the humidity as Texas but it sure does get hot. Last yr. we replaced them in March, big two units for the house, $13,000 because the new units have to have a new heater, we did get rebate from Trane & electric co. our bills in summer were $550 a month (DH keeps it a 78 ) last summer we went down to $350 in the summer months. Big savings. I hated to spend that much on a/c but now am glad I did. Our a/c units were 13yrs old and was ready to be replace, when they built this house they put in cheap units. Glad you got it fixed. Hope you have a cool summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X